Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 12:00 PM

165 posts, read 212,199 times

Advertisements

Fortunately, the arguments in this thread, reflected by a visit to Walmart or Publix, will soon be moot:

https://www.al.com/news/2020/07/face...my-battle.html

And, extending a recent (and thoughtful) post,

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
...promoted by an ever diminishing group of pundits who do so purely for political purposes and to sow discord.
As death rates catch up to infection rates in north Alabama, the group of socially irresponsible individuals represented as a minority in this thread is also likely to diminish, either by conversion (when a family member or friend dies) or attrition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 12:31 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,595,554 times
Quote:
When it comes to wearing masks, Alabama is on the honor system. A lot of people are doing their part, but not everybody. As a result, the coronavirus is not under control and we won’t get it under control unless everyone wears one.

We need government to be the bad guy.

On Tuesday, Gov. Kay Ivey refused to play that role. In a press conference with the state’s health officer, Scott Harris, she said a statewide mask ordinance wouldn’t be effective because enforcement would be too hard.
Good luck, America! Alabama’s given up

Old 07-03-2020, 02:38 PM

654 posts, read 591,256 times
Read this afternoon that the city of Madison is requiring face coverings in city buildings.

https://themadisonrecord.com/2020/06...pal-buildings/

Much like the buildings on post; need to have a mask/face covering while entering/exiting a building and in common areas; halls, conference rooms, bathrooms, break rooms, or anywhere you cannot maintain the six feet of separation.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:44 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,595,554 times
Alabama cities left to go it alone as governor urges, but doesn’t require masks
https://www.al.com/news/2020/07/alab...ire-masks.html

Old 07-05-2020, 04:57 PM

654 posts, read 591,256 times
My wife should me an interesting post that I thought was applicable to this debate or certainly makes you go hmmmmm. It went something like this:

I wonder why they have to stick a Q-Tip through your nose to the back of your head to swab a sample of the COVID but a simple cough will infect a whole gathering at one time if I don't wear a mask.

No need to explain nasopharyngeal swab to collect a specimen. I just thought it funny.

Old 07-05-2020, 04:57 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,576,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I am not afraid of catching covid, so I see no reason to stay at home.
You claimed you had a medical condition that made wearing a mask impossible. Sounds respiratory. If anything you should be very afraid of catching covid.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:01 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You claimed you had a medical condition that made wearing a mask impossible. Sounds respiratory. If anything you should be very afraid of catching covid.
I said i would be using that as ADA excuse. I have pretty much gave up on fighting mask requirement inside a private business however outside is a completely different story.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:12 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
My wife should me an interesting post that I thought was applicable to this debate or certainly makes you go hmmmmm. It went something like this:

I wonder why they have to stick a Q-Tip through your nose to the back of your head to swab a sample of the COVID but a simple cough will infect a whole gathering at one time if I don't wear a mask.

No need to explain nasopharyngeal swab to collect a specimen. I just thought it funny.
She actually has a good point.

There's a newer, much less intrusive test but I'm not sure they're doing it locally.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:34 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,131,116 times
We have a lot of stupid people around also. A friend of mine in another area has a neighbor. All 3 people in his home including himself have Covid19. He is asymptomatic. He is going to stores, visiting neighbors, etc. No mask. And he's only 1 person. I would imagine there are many more.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:24 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
We have a lot of stupid people around also. A friend of mine in another area has a neighbor. All 3 people in his home including himself have Covid19. He is asymptomatic. He is going to stores, visiting neighbors, etc. No mask. And he's only 1 person. I would imagine there are many more.
If they tested positive they're supposed to be quarantined for 14 days, and that's supposed to be enforced by the state health department until they test negative. And even then, they should be wearing a mask when in public or retail buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area