Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 06:13 PM

654 posts, read 590,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I haven't actually counted the prime channels and subchannels so it may not be 30, but it's quite a few. Many of them are secondary networks with a plethora of old popular shows, like Gunsmoke. I have Dish Network, and use an over-the-air with an antenna for backup when it rains. I also have a Roku that will give you a lot of the channels streaming (like the Weather Channel, Fox News, CNN, ESPN, SECN plus a couple other regional sports networks, and many more) assuming you already subscribe on cable or satellite.

I have an antenna in my attic for locals, but depending on where you live and the terrain and trees, modern-day rabbit ears might work quite well (I'm down in a little valley with lots of trees, both of which have a negative effect on picking up digital television). I think Consumer Reports likes the Leaf antenna. Amazon is a good place to buy them, or locally a store like Best Buy. Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=leaf+ante...cceptance_3_12

Regarding WHNT - at one time, they were owned by the New York Times. Don't know if that's still the case, but it could be an reason for their anti-police stand (if in fact that's the case - I rarely watch).

Here's a good site that will help you in choosing an antenna based on your location: https://www.antennaweb.org
New York Times then
Local TV LLC (privately owned company) then
Chicago Tribune's broadcasting division then
Nexstar (since ~2019) at present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: