Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,843 times

Advertisements

I moved to Madison a few months ago and work at Ben Davis Magnet School in Decatur. I have been getting to know the area and want to continue living in Madsion. However, the girl I'm living with now is relocating very soon and I am having to look for a new place. I know there are lots of apartments but I have high standards and little money. (Only because I am trying to sell my house in Arkansas and I want to save as much as possible until it sells.)

Does anyone know of a place that is SAFE, nice, and allows pets (I have a small, 5yr old dog). I would also live with others as long as it's a clean place and a good neighborhood. I can afford up to $600 a month. Also does anyone know of any other way to find roommates besides craigslist?

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Renee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 11:35 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjuneau View Post
I moved to Madison a few months ago and work at Ben Davis Magnet School in Decatur. I have been getting to know the area and want to continue living in Madsion. However, the girl I'm living with now is relocating very soon and I am having to look for a new place. I know there are lots of apartments but I have high standards and little money. (Only because I am trying to sell my house in Arkansas and I want to save as much as possible until it sells.)

Does anyone know of a place that is SAFE, nice, and allows pets (I have a small, 5yr old dog). I would also live with others as long as it's a clean place and a good neighborhood. I can afford up to $600 a month. Also does anyone know of any other way to find roommates besides craigslist?

Renee
I would suggest getting the free Apartment Guide or Apartment Finder booklet and start looking at the apartments in your price range. The definition of "nice" is very subjective. You find the booklet at stores, in the lobby (Walmart, Kroger, Office Depot).

For a roommate I would think UAH (university)

Old 11-14-2009, 04:42 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,055,827 times
Quote:

Renee
I'm not sure if it is in your price range or not, but there are brand new apartments on County Line Rd. and Palmer Rd. called The Springs or something like that. They seem to look really nice and being in that part of Madison, should be safe.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:27 PM

73 posts, read 204,645 times
We currently live in Weston Ranch apts www.westonranchapts.com. They are pretty nice in the 700s. Feels fairly safe. We moved from NJ two years ago and relied heavily on Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.. Its a website where people write reviews about apartment complexes.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:45 PM

190 posts, read 412,952 times
I live at Ashbury Woods in Madison and it seems like a nice place and a good value. My rent for a 1 Br is $650 a month. It is a clean and relatively new complex that looks and feels safe. I think the 2 BR can be had for around $690 a month. They do allow pets - under something like 35 lbs.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:33 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
I am curious. I'd like to know why you live in Madison when you work in Decatur? PM me if you like. Thanks!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
I am curious. I'd like to know why you live in Madison when you work in Decatur? PM me if you like. Thanks!
Well... the OP being a single young woman, I think she wants to have closer access to Huntsville/Madison available single themes yet not too far of commute. Madison is a mid-point for that.

Not being young or single anymore myself I have no clue as to what young people do around here to meet & social. But that's a separate, nevertheless interesting, discussion.

There is a new apartment complex on Countyline road just north of 565 called "The Springs at Madison". It is ~2 miles north of 565 so it provides an easy access to the freeway and commute to Decatur, but still in Madison (thou barely). You might want to take a look.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Well... the OP being a single young woman, I think she wants to have closer access to Huntsville/Madison available single themes yet not too far of commute. Madison is a mid-point for that.

Not being young or single anymore myself
..or woman

Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
..or woman
Hey Friday, at "our" age do you ever wonder why hair are growing faster out of our noses than on our heads?

Old 02-04-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,502 times
Quote:

Renee
Hi my name is Kayla i have a respond to the second comment..i have a apartment and im trying to find someone to take over my lease..it's 595 a month and the pet fee is already paid in full so u can bring your pet with no extra charge.. it's next to BridgeStreet Mall in Huntsville/Madison AL it a one bedroom suite and im willing to move A.S.A.P i can send u pix thru your email if you like and it also has a full washer and dryer. my number is 504-650-4633 and my email is [email]km8907w@aol.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area