Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 03:15 PM

296 posts, read 695,175 times

Advertisements

I did a search but couldn't find any info on Grand Lake in Southeast Hunstville. Does anyone have feedback on Grand Lakes? On Pearson Homes? On Southeast Huntsville (Hwy 231 and Green Cove)?

thanks,

Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,277,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc45002 View Post
I did a search but couldn't find any info on Grand Lake in Southeast Hunstville. Does anyone have feedback on Grand Lakes? On Pearson Homes? On Southeast Huntsville (Hwy 231 and Green Cove)?

thanks,

Marc
I have never had any direct experience with Colin Pearson, but I have heard he is a decent builder. He is part owner of Alabama Heritage Homes, but does not actively participate in building with AL Heritage. His product is very similar, though.

You do need to be on your "toes" with their agent.....anytime you are dealing with a builder and their onsite you really need your own representation.

I can't recall if he uses his own contract or our Board contract, but our board contract has just undergone some pretty dramatic changes, and we will probably begin using it in about two weeks. It is going to be interesting to see how all the agents respond to it, I would not be surprised if some did not even notice.

His prices have dropped out there (well, what builder hasn't) and the last time I dealt with them in another neighborhood they were begging for an offer (client ended up going elsewhere) so I am sure there is negotiating room.

If you want to live in SE and you want newer, then the southernmost part is where you are going to have to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area