Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 PM

24 posts, read 61,364 times

Advertisements

well, we are moving to the Huntsville area and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! YIPPEEE! I love it there! We are coming from Crestview, Fl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 05:54 PM

256 posts, read 605,541 times
Asheville has a good mix of sophistication and "grunge" -- from clothing stores to art to restaurants. It's an extremely beautiful city with a very high cost of living (for the South).

Chattanooga is artistic, in an edgy/urban way. Its natural settings -- being completely surrounded by mountains -- are breathtaking. If I have complaints about CHA, it's that it's not the cleanest city by far (although it's improved drastically over the years) and the amount of huge billboard advertising really diminishes the drop-dead beauty of the city. There really needs to be a sign ordinance in CHA. It's not a little town off the highway...it's a major city. The 300-foot fast food signs and gas station signs really tarnish the beauty and need to come down. Seriously.

Huntsville...has engineers. But, it is a clean city and has an attractive downtown and very attractive historic district. Asheville is known for its art-deco, French-inspired architecture; but HSV has some of the prettier housing stock I've seen. And, there isn't an area in too many places that surpasses the gloriousness of Jones Valley Farm. I'm thankful I get to drive that stretch everyday. I think that setting is unsurpassed by any other comparbale (or incomparable city). Beautiful. Four-Mile Post Rd and Monte Sano also offer your doses of eye candy. But, Jones Valley Farm is out of this world -- largest working urban farm in the country, I believe. Lovely. Not enough adjectives. To me, it's SO the jewel of the city.

Greenville -- never been, but definitely belongs on the list.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:46 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
I don't think bulldawg even like's Alabama (excluding Huntsville of-course).
Are you kidding me! I lllooovvveee Alabama!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:28 PM

976 posts, read 2,683,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Are you kidding me! I lllooovvveee Alabama!
I know, I'm just picking at you.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:45 AM

2 posts, read 6,496 times
Quote:
it has the best shopping of the 3!
I do hope you're kidding. Huntsville DOES have an Apple Store and Chatt currently doesn't(we have a Mac Authority which focuses on Apple products and ComputersPlus which is an Apple and Microsoft reseller.) but as a local developer here in Chatt there is word that an official Apple Store is looking to open in the "Mission" plaza(currently codenamed Mission On Main) in the Southside area blocks from downtown.

Have you been here lately? Hamilton Place has boomed with new, upscale stores. Hamilton Place is STILL booming with the new HHGregg center and also how Goodwin Road is being extended to Jenkins to allow developers to build new commercial-retail centers behind where Books A Million is. East Brainerd is getting a new shopping plaza and other unnamed commercial business. The Ooltewah area is getting new shopping plaza with a LOT of commercial land left. The Hixson area in Chatt is getting new shopping plaza after plaza with a lot of commercial land left. The new "Enterprise South" exit will start building up when opened. And announced last week, Broad Street from Downtown all the way to W. 37th St. is being revitalized and will start building up.

Just thought I would update you

Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 AM

Have you been to Bridgestreet? Huntsville has the best shopping hands down. You're talking about Chattanooga is going to get, but I'm talking about what Huntsville has now.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:59 AM

286 posts, read 1,086,146 times
Default Bridgestreet is fabolous

Quote:
Have you been to Bridgestreet? Huntsville has the best shopping hands down. You're talking about Chattanooga is going to get, but I'm talking about what Huntsville has now.
I agree with AM.

Bridgestreet is fabulous, and a Mac store really puts Huntsville on the map when it comes to great shopping. I love it because I can grab a bite to eat, watch a movie, and shop at the Mac store or Old Navy. I can even buy a book from Barnes & Noble if I feel like it.

I hardly consider going to Birmingham or Atlanta anymore since they moved the Old Navy store to Bridgestreet. It is truly an up-and-coming shopping center.

There is also a man-made pond around the shopping center. It leaks constantly, but it doesn't take long to refill it. It has drained completely without refill a couple of times, which is an eyesore. I wish they would just leave the faucet on so it never drains completely again.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 AM

179 posts, read 392,669 times
I envy Chat's downtown but prefer Huntsville's shopping. Just wish Hsv had a more robust downtown.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Isn't a robust downtown coming with Constellation?

Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,851 times
All 3 are great cities, but my vote goes to Chattanooga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area