Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,311,920 times

Advertisements

Checked out a few of the homes in NE Huntsville that are on the tour this year. I was disappointed. They all look virtually the same and were mostly boring. Nothing that just jumped out as a home I just really had to have. Guess we will look again next week. Did anyone go into the other areas? What did you see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM

8,742 posts, read 13,024,884 times
What price range are you looking at?

It's hard to see anything jumps out at you if they're just production subdivision homes.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:44 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,288,115 times
You are probably not going to see anything "new" or exciting on the spring parade...it is mainly just the builders with their spec houses open.

The Fall Parade of homes is always bigger and better than the Spring.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:19 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,311,920 times
Thanks for these replies. We are looking in the 300,000 to 400,000 range. Most of what we saw yesterday was just ugly.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 PM

144 posts, read 434,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
You are probably not going to see anything "new" or exciting on the spring parade...it is mainly just the builders with their spec houses open.

The Fall Parade of homes is always bigger and better than the Spring.
+1 My wife and I enjoy he Fall Parade much more with many of the "luxury" home builders showcasing homes and realtor offering more goodies (cookies and bottled water!)

It did help us find a house when we first moved here 2 1/2 years ago but now serves as a decor/paint idea exhibit or just to play dream home for a day.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,288,115 times
The Fall Parade does mainly attract "looky loos" who just want to see the big luxury homes on the parade. I do have a client who will be traveling down from NOVA for the Fall Parade this year, both to look at homes for purchase, and to also see some of the more extravagant homes. It should be fun, as she is a hoot to be with, so I am looking forward to it this year!

Richard Scrushy's house was the Decorator's showhouse on the Bham Parade, and that house was worth driving to Bham to see! For a mere $4.7 mil it could be yours!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM

144 posts, read 434,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
The Fall Parade does mainly attract "looky loos" who just want to see the big luxury homes on the parade. I do have a client who will be traveling down from NOVA for the Fall Parade this year, both to look at homes for purchase, and to also see some of the more extravagant homes. It should be fun, as she is a hoot to be with, so I am looking forward to it this year!

Richard Scrushy's house was the Decorator's showhouse on the Bham Parade, and that house was worth driving to Bham to see! For a mere $4.7 mil it could be yours!

No, actually you're right and that's a great point. My parents have been in the process of moving here for the past year from Texas, and they wanted us to go out and do some "recon" to find homes/builders and areas that they would like, and sure enough with the last (fall) tour we found a great builder and area that my parents are dead set on.

I've also seen, while on these tours, people literally opening their check books to buy the house there on the spot. The one instance that sticks out was when my wife and I were "touring" a home in Providence, when a couple came in, were in love with house, and made an offer right there while filling out a check for the amount of the house. The look on the agent's face was priceless along with pretty much all those around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area