Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 12:22 PM

10 posts, read 31,968 times

Advertisements

My employer has an opening in IF. I am ready for a change so it interests me but I need to know if there are any nice rural areas surrounding the IF area that would have good pastures for grazing horses and livestock? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 05:41 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,843 times
There is so much info on I. F. in here .
Click on search at the top of the page and type it in.
It's horse paradise.
Start packing.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Thumbs up Very Horse Friendly

Agree. Check out info about Sandy Downs. They have Horse Races, Chariot Races and several involved with horses who have their own private organizations. One DVM even lives in that area and limits his practice to horses.

The cost of land may be an issue. Come and visit the area to see where the horses are and what feels right to you.

Shelley, ID, is essentially 6 miles south of Idaho Falls (the residential boundary of Idaho Falls, not the downtown). Propperty may be cheaper there.

Keep Us Updated on what you find.

MSR

Old 05-22-2008, 10:54 AM

10 posts, read 31,968 times
I appreciate your responses. I am specifically looking for information regarding land (with water!) for horse pastures not just areas where one can have horses.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp View Post
I appreciate your responses. I am specifically looking for information regarding land (with water!) for horse pastures not just areas where one can have horses.
Are you speaking of water from a water company or water being irrigated in?

The irrigated waters are a touchy subject as south central Idaho it seems has rights before here in the Upper Valley of SE Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: