Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 PM

5 posts, read 21,266 times

Advertisements

Hey does anyone have any opinions or experiances with the Tetons apartments in idaho falls? Thinking about maybe moving there and just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
There are a few apts. with the name "Teton" in them, which ones are you speaking of?

Old 11-27-2008, 11:34 AM

i think they are just called teton apartments. they are on 2775 st.clair ave in idaho falls

Old 11-27-2008, 11:41 AM

It's not a bad area, right off the main drag of 17th St, not far from the mall or hospital. They do allow pets up to 25 pounds if that's a factor.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:34 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Question What Do You Need Specifically in an Apartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
It's not a bad area, right off the main drag of 17th St, not far from the mall or hospital. They do allow pets up to 25 pounds if that's a factor.
Cleosmom,

You should probably start a new thread about a residence in Idaho Falls that allows pets. I'm always stumped about that one. Good work.

There is a group of apartments called Teton Apts., which I believe are 2-3 stories of apartments. I have never been in them, know one newly married couple who lived there until they could get out and elsewhere, and have heard stories of others.

Overall, it is probably best for me not to post about the Teton Apts. Like most things in life, the bad experiences people have seem to be repeated often. However, the positive experiences don't tend to be told to others as much (at least in my experience).

WATCHGUY 123, maybe you want to write more specific questions about your question. I know Teton Apts. has free either Internet Access and/or Cable TV etc., or maybe they DID, but don't now. I can't remember. My point is what specifically do you want to know about the apartments? Others may be able to answer more detailed questions.

Depending on your needs (one person vs. a family with kids, pets, temporary vs. long term housing etc.), I think some who post here may be able to give you some very specific feedback. If your question is strictly about the apartment complex and nothing about your specific needs, you may not get as many posts.

For example, I'd encourage you to look at Breer23's past posts. He narrowed down specific needs when moving a few months back. Check with Breer23, and others, who have moved to apartmets if you are moving. There are many choices, but until more specifics are known, it is hard to know how to answer your general question.

There are many different types of rentals in Idaho Falls from essentially Professional L.T. rentals to others.

I agree with Cleosmom, the location is in a safe location of the city and close to the major shopping, health care, grocery stores etc. and close to bus routes.

Hope this is helpful.

MSR

Old 11-27-2008, 04:23 PM

thanks msr and cleomom. i was wondering about the neighborhood so that sounds good and also if it was a nice somewhat quiet place to live. i have lived in larger complexes before which this one seems to be and i have had both good and bad experiences. i guess i'm most concerned with how quiet it is and how much privacy and security there is. i have had experiences at larger complexes were it was quiet and rather peaceful but also one were it was basically a college dorm and was really a hassle. also if anyone knows how well the apartments and facilities are maintained that is a concern as well. they seemed to repeat that they shampoo the carpets before you move in a lot which kind of raised red flags for me because i figured that would be done and didn't really need mentioning. i was hoping this wasn't an indication of how they are kept up.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:09 PM

It seems that MSR knows a tad more about that set than I do

Having said that I do know there's an Eagles Landing behind the Spectrum out in Ammon that seems to look nice. Never been in them, however I do think the neighborhood would be somewhat better

Is there a specific part of town you need to be in?

I do know you don't need to worry about the college dorm type setting, I think that's more of a description of the ones behind the Sonic in Ammon.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 PM

not necessarily anywhere within like 10-15 minute drive of the grand teton mall. are there any neighborhoods you would suggest ( or maybe not suggest haha) ?

Old 11-27-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHGUY123 View Post
not necessarily anywhere within like 10-15 minute drive of the grand teton mall. are there any neighborhoods you would suggest ( or maybe not suggest haha) ?
If you chose Eagles Landing on a good day a brave soul could walk right across 25th St (Hitt Rd) and be at Grand Teton Mall Plus you've got the Edward's theater, several eateries, liquor store right at your door step and down the street from grocery store, Target, Walmart. Not a bad location if you ask me. They have clubhouse with pool table, gym, swimming pool, whirlpool and it looks from the pics that they allow you to have sat. TV. They do allow small pets, cats must be declawed.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:22 PM

yeah i really liked that place...it was my first choice but i have a dog thats why i was really interested in teton cuz they take em
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls