Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times

Advertisements

May I ask what kind of job you are looking for? I have friends in Challis. Seems in these kind of places you need to know some one to get a job. I would be happy to ask for you if I knew what you were looking for. The worst is I am sure the pay might not be what you were hoping for.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:53 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
I remember Boise from 20 years closely and fondly. Meridian was smaller than Kuna is now!

Minor correction, however: I-84 near TF is never closed. I'm down that way once or so a month, and have family in TF. I've never seen the freeway closed. I think they close the I15 to SLC before you get into Utah at times, but that's all I've seen.

That said, it is certainly among the most treacherous freeways in the country. It's horrible.
I know, my parents bought a house out off north Five Mile in 1978, and they were concerned about being so far out in the sticks. 12 years later, in 1990 they moved less than a mile further West (still off Five Mile) and were once again on the fringe edge of town. How we have changed in the last 20 years.

Actually the freeway does get closed somewhere in that stretch, but it could be closer to Burley. I went to college in Logan, UT, and came home as often as I could because my boyfriend (now my husband of 10 years) was here in Boise. There were many times that I couldn't come home because I-84 was closed somewhere between the interchange with I-86 and Twin Falls.

Also, much of my extended family lives in Idaho Falls, and my parents drive that road often. I know a few times my dad has been the last car through before they closed the freeway behind him.

So it might not be AT Twin Falls, but somewhere between Boise and Burley they do close the freeway fairly regularly, although less in recent years because the winters have been less harsh.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 PM

20 posts, read 77,587 times
Thanks again for all the info! @Shades of Idaho: I'm currently employed as a geologist at a small independent petroleum company, so I'm looking for something along those lines, be it forest service, mining, water resources...something scientific would be nice Although on a more positive note, I've made it past the job filters for a Forest Service Geologist position in Challis! So maybe I might be getting an interview there soon, which would be more suitable to my desire to live in/near the Lost River Valley. Pay isn't too important as long as its enough to get maybe a small acreage and cover my necessities. My fiance has a small business going that should cover most of what we need. As long as its mostly steady work with good benefits and I get to live in Idaho...I will be happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho