Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2007, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,478 times

Advertisements

We are going on vacation to Clark Fork, Idaho, and want to know what stores are in the small town, such as a drug store or market (grocery).
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 07:25 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Right there in town there should be all the minor odds and ends you need and vacation groceries. But it's not a big deal to drive 30-40'ish miles over to Kootenai or Ponderay to Wal-Mart...Just west on 200 around the lake to the north side....

Old 06-24-2007, 09:21 PM

180 posts, read 748,306 times
Default Jenny, re Clark Fork shopping...

Hi Jenny. It is absolutely beautiful there, but you definately need to do 'shopping' in Sandpoint. Sage of Sagle is right .... you can get the basics (milk, bread, eggs, ice, beer etc) but it isn't like you will have a 7-11 on the corner either.

If you are driving there, get your 'major supplies' at Safeway in Sandpoint, or Wal-Mart, Yokes etc. And depending on where you are staying in CF (in town or out of town) it is about 30 minutes to 'town'.

Have a good time. Will look forward to hearing how you like the 'wild-wild-west'!!!

PacaLady
(An original Clark Fork Girl!......4th generation!! Graduated HS there .... biggest class in history ....all 24 of us!!.... My kids did the same...... YUP, a different world for sure!)

Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 PM

Yeah...Clark Fork....now THAT is rural....not like the huge metropolis of Sandpoint. There's some hubbub about letting CF students play sports for SHS...but it would push us into 5A league play and the coaches are against it....I think it would be nice for CFHS students to get to play though.....

Jenny, last time I was over there I seem to recall a little eatery called the "Squeeze Inn" on the west end of town I think....cute name...if you eat there, please post up and let us know how it is.....

Old 06-25-2007, 04:50 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Default Clark Fork

I live in Clark Fork and the words "Clark Fork" and "shopping" should not be used in the same sentence LOL. There is a small market (higher prices) named Monarch Market. There are 2 gas stations, both with tiny mini markets (even higher prices), 2 bars (rough ones), and depending on the week 2 or 3 places to eat. The turnover rate is high on restaurants (locals don't have the money to eat out a lot and not all that much tourism in this area). The Pantry Too has take out bake at home pizzas, will make sandwiches, ice crsam cones etc. Monarch Market will make sandwiches etc. as well. Once restaurant just closed, I think another is ready too and the last one opens whenever the owner feels like it. It is beautiful here, no doubt, but do your shopping in Sandpoint. They have a Super Wal-Mart, Safeway, Yokes, a fair amount of restaurants etc. Have fun on your trip!

Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 AM

180 posts, read 748,306 times
Default You guys are being WAY to hard on Clark Fork!

I was raised in CF, and it IS just as bad as everyone makes it sound ..... but it is BETTER than you can imagine also!!

What is more important to YOU makes the difference!! Is it a dozen eggs, a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread ....to get thru dinner? (that is Clark Fork)

My oldest son, now an Air Force Captain taught me that clothing should be worn for "function before fashion" ..... Yup, that is Clark Fork! You work in the garden, you work in the yard, you clean the barn, you fix the fence .... don't need to wear anything fancy for any of that!!

I graduated in CF with the largest class in history ....back in 1970 ... there were 24 of us then .... 3 have now passed away, and they are very much remembered....by all of us, as we were very close.

My children are now 5th generation to land that was homesteaded in the late 1800's ....the roots are deep in this town of about 450!! So any of you who visit might consider NOT overlooking the very deep roots that this town is made of! It is a very special place!

Enjoy every minute of your visit!!
PacaLady

Old 06-26-2007, 09:15 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Default Clark Fork

I didn't think anyone was making Clark Fork sound bad. The question was about shopping and let's face it, there is little to no shopping there. It is a wonderful town, beautiful area, lots of outdoor activities to do. i wouldn't be here if I didn't love it!

Old 06-26-2007, 01:43 PM

Hey..we're not hating on Clark Fork...it's a great place....just noting that it IS a bit more distant to get supplies but that it's not a bad drive to Ponderay or Kootenai.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho