Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:06 PM

13 posts, read 77,216 times

Advertisements

My landlord promise to put AC in the house i just rented, and so far i am having to wait and of course summer is here and i have two kids. Does anyone know out there if it is possible to get out and not suffer any consequence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 10:17 PM

110 posts, read 572,826 times
I am not an expert so forgive me if I am wrong, but did you have this 'deal' in written? As fas a I know, unless it was written on the contract when you rented the house, he doesn't have to put the AC in the house. Now there might be a way of getting out of the rental considering the heat makes living there impossible for you and the kids, but I am really not the best person to ask. I hope someone else can better help you here. Sorry! Fab

Old 08-19-2007, 11:15 PM

6 posts, read 18,402 times
Tenant Rights, Laws and Protections: Idaho - HUD

I googled the Landlord Tenant Act for Idaho. Check this out and see if it is of any help!
Dawn Larzelier

Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,820 times
If its a built in unit that is just broken and he has advertised A/C as a promotional asset(like,they put pool,A/C,pet friendly,kid friendly,builtin kitchen units)then it MUST work or its false advertisement and must be fixed. If he just said that he would put a portable unit in,just to get you to sign on the line,I would take it up with him personally but not sure if verbal agreements will work in small claims. Maybe you can make a deal with him that you will buy one and you take it off your rent.Some landlords actually like that,mainly because they might not have the time to do it themselves.Hope all works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: