Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 5,539 times

Advertisements

Good morning to all,
After lots of searching for my retirement home, I've settled on Rathdrum. I will be in my home by May 08 - and totally looking forward to becoming a resident and living the good life.
Does anyone have suggestions on the best places to meet people -
How about places in Rathdrum for volunteer work?
I have lots of interests - want to explore the area towns, take advantage of the hiking trails, photography, genealogy, history.
I currently live in So California and really want to fit in to my new home. Any attitude will be left at the California border
So far I've made one friend there--so where/how do you meet new friends??
Just looking to find some new friends that like to go hiking, out to eat and shopping.
Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 01:05 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Not living in Rathdrum, I'm not a ton of help on this one, but in nearby Post Falls and Hayden/CDA there are tons of things to do, ways to get out there socially. You may also want to check out the goings on in Spirit Lake and see what's going on up there socially. Sandpoint has a ton of socializing opportunities, but we're about 40 miles from you.

CDA Press Newspaper has things listed in the area:
Coeur d'Alene Press Newspaper - Local and National News - Kootenai County, Idaho

Spokane/CDA Craigslist also has some opportunities:
spokane / coeur d'alene activity partners classifieds - craigslist (Activities)
spokane / coeur d'alene groups classifieds - craigslist (Groups)
spokane / coeur d'alene volunteers classifieds - craigslist (Volunteer opportunities)

Hope this helps...

Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 PM

10 posts, read 40,043 times
The best way to meet people in this area, that I have found, is just being outgoing and inviting in your personality! I have met some great friends from mere small talk!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:04 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
And you know...Rathdrum SEEMS smaller. Sign says it has over 4000 residents, but it doesn't feel very big...

Old 10-11-2008, 02:43 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Theres a very cool 50's style Hot Rod cafe in Rathdrum(cant remember the name).. It seems like people are very sociable there. The food is good, and the atmosphere is great. Not to be confused with The Hot Rod Cafe in Post Falls which is REALLY cool

Old 10-11-2008, 05:35 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Granny's Pantry on Highway 53 looks like a place where locals would hang out. Every time I drive by I wish I had time to stop and try it.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:51 PM

10 posts, read 40,043 times
"Theres a very cool 50's style Hot Rod cafe in Rathdrum(cant remember the name).. It seems like people are very sociable there. The food is good, and the atmosphere is great. Not to be confused with The Hot Rod Cafe in Post Falls which is REALLY cool"

There is still a restaurant in that location; however, the 50's style is gone. It is now called The Breakfast Nook. I have heard good things about it.

Where most of the locals hang out is O'Malleys. For sit down meals that and a Toro Viejo are in my opinion the best places to eat in town. Granny's Pantry has great pie but I don't think that I could recommend it for anything other than that unless you were wanting to have a cup of coffee, read the paper, and people watch...for that it's perfect! The great thing about this area is that you can reach so many different options for meals within 15 minutes. Good luck and Happy Eating!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:40 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
We ate at Granny's when we were there scoping out the area last weekend. It was very warm and friendly, lots of locals willing to chat and share opinions. I fell in love with both Rathdrum and Spirit Lake mainly due to the people...just walking down the streets in both little towns we ended up in conversations. My intentions of relocating after January are truly growing more cemented by the day!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:52 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
We ate at Granny's when we were there scoping out the area last weekend. It was very warm and friendly, lots of locals willing to chat and share opinions. I fell in love with both Rathdrum and Spirit Lake mainly due to the people...just walking down the streets in both little towns we ended up in conversations. My intentions of relocating after January are truly growing more cemented by the day!
Thats AWESOME Ess.!!! I really like that whole area myself. I have a very close friend that lives in Rathdrum, he and his wife moved from San Diego area, and they LOVE it.. Good luck on the move!

Old 10-27-2008, 03:52 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
Thanks, Trace! Wish me luck selling my place here in AZ!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho