Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM

147 posts, read 144,857 times

Advertisements

To what extent is Post Falls just a bedroom community for those who work in Spokane? Do most residents work in Spokane? Is the history and identity of Post Falls notably distinct from Spokane?

Also, some years ago it was known that many traditional Catholics were moving into the area due to the Latin Mass. Is a Catholic influx still taking place? Is there discernible Catholic influence in the culture of Post Falls and N. Idaho in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 12:32 PM

820 posts, read 1,740,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles45 View Post
To what extent is Post Falls just a bedroom community for those who work in Spokane? Do most residents work in Spokane? Is the history and identity of Post Falls notably distinct from Spokane?

Also, some years ago it was known that many traditional Catholics were moving into the area due to the Latin Mass. Is a Catholic influx still taking place? Is there discernible Catholic influence in the culture of Post Falls and N. Idaho in general?
I would say no to both. Post Falls is it's own city that is more of a part of CDA than anything in Spokane. I would say from my experience, of the entire kootenai county area, about 25% work in Spokane.

As far as a Catholic population, there is some, but I have never heard of or seen a "Catholic Influx". The area is majority Christian, but there is a sprinkle of everything here.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:08 PM

804 posts, read 2,892,787 times
I agree with Shaner. I grew up in Post Falls and will be moving back there in the coming months. I

If you are Catholic you will be just fine in the area, if you are 'afraid' of the Catholic's then you will also be just fine in the area.

Post Falls and Spokane are two different worlds to me. It seems as soon as you cross that Washington line everything has a different feel to it.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:34 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
Post Falls and Spokane are two different worlds to me. It seems as soon as you cross that Washington line everything has a different feel to it.
Amen to that--every time we cross into Idaho from WA we breathe a sigh of relief! Glad to hear you're moving back, Fearnofish!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
I agree with Shaner. I grew up in Post Falls and will be moving back there in the coming months.

If you need any help with anything bud, let me know, I know your from around here but if ya need it, msg me.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM

I will. We are still weighing the pros and cons of buying or building. It is hard to think of building a 1700 sqft home for 150k when we can buy a 2100+ sqft home for the same price or cheaper.

I sure hope we are moving to Post Falls/CDA area. I have some job applications in the area so we will see how those pan out, I really don't want to have to move to Southern Idaho and then move again in 4 years to Post Falls but we have to find a Police Agency that I can get hired at.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:22 PM

From what I understand, our region ISP is hiring. And as far as buying vs building, I would buy. Decent selection, price per sqft is cheaper, and honestly, most of the cookie cutter **** they are putting up isnt worth what you pay. IMO

Old 01-25-2012, 08:23 AM

If we build we have the house design and builder already picked out, we did our research there. Yes ISP is hiring so we will see how it goes there.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 AM

oh good right on then. Had some many complaints recently about the developments quality, then I ask how much they paid and when they tell me, in my head I go "Heres your sign"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: