Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 06:46 PM

3 posts, read 2,743 times

Advertisements

I and my family would like to move to a rural small town area in Idaho. We want badly to move to the Redoubt, but finding a job in this field is not as easy to do as it would be with other careers. If anyone knows of a funeral home that is hiring or if you are a owner of a funeral home in the redoubt (what a God send that would be!) let me know.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 02:13 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Good luck!
I sincerely hope you come out here for an extended visit before you pack up the pickup. I think you'll be surprised; Idaho is not the redoubt some have thought it to be, and it's a hell of a hard place to live as a survivalist- much harder than you probably believe it to be. Lots of folks move here for the wrong reasons, and lots of them move right back again, broker and wiser.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM

Thank you for the wisdom!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 PM

148 posts, read 501,306 times
we have a really nice funeral home in bonners ferry. i think the mellet's want to sell. google bonners ferry funeral home. or pm me and I'll get info for you

Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoRedoubt View Post
Thank you for the wisdom!
You're welcome!
Idaho is a state that most folks really don't know much about. The truth is, it's actually 2 states cut in half by big mountain chains. There's only one road north to south that stays within the state boundaries, and it's a 2-lane.

I've read some redoubt stuff, and there really is a lot of ignorance in it regarding Idaho's geography, climate and defensibility. Most of all, there's a lot of ignorance about our folks, traditions and the way we do things here.

The only true way to get to know the state would require at least a 2-week trip here; the north is different from the center, and the center is different from the south. And each area has big differences of it's own.

The one thing most folks who consider moving here don't understand is the isolation here. A person can go 40 miles out of any city in the state and be in a place where it's wilderness. There are really many good reasons why folks here live where they live- there's a lot of places where making a living, even a subsistence living, is a very hard thing to accomplish.

But it's beautiful, for sure. We have an extraordinary gorgeous state, no matter where you go in it. And it's climate goes to extremes. If you don't like a cold climate, that will be a deal breaker- a hard winter can last for 7 months or more. Just last year, the spring stayed cold and rainy well into June, and it's been known to snow here on the 4th of July.

The summers can be hot, and the cold can be really cold.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM

Thank You for the information! I will check it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: