Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:05 PM

123 posts, read 263,377 times

Advertisements

I love being in the Sandpoint area so far this summer. Even found a part time job operating a 1929 Chandler and Price letterpress.... from the ole days....I print cards, coffee bags, etc. for some Sandpoint businesses.

My favorite town so far is Bonner's Ferry, that is where I think I want to live when I retire. Priest River and Priest Lake is right up there as well. I Also love Troy Montana area. The drive up the *** River Road was amazing.

Big disappointment is that Sandpoint is not very dog friendly...there is a little tiny fenced in area in Ponderay where you can run them but all the parks I have been to provide dogs.....bummer. I take mine up in the mountains and around the property I am staying. Thank God I have a cabin away from everyone and everything....

All in All , I love Northern Idaho... Its a great place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 03:41 PM

886 posts, read 5,716,408 times
So let me get this straight. You say the city is not dog friendly because there is only one park that you can let your dog run free?

I would not blame the city. I would blame idots that were there long before you and let their dogs harass poeple and not picking up after them.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
We were surprised, too--we couldn't even take our dog on a leash to City Beach. But it's understandable, and reflected in other beach policies around the nation. Some people just don't control or pick up after their dogs.
There's supposed to be a dog beach just south of the Long Bridge on the Sandpoint side, but with all the construction I'm not sure if it's accessible.

Anyway, glad you're having a good time! If you look into Bonners, just make sure you're on high ground! The Kootenai is flooding! NWCN.com Washington - Oregon - Idaho

Troy is a cool place, too. Which River Road are you talking about, Highway 2, or 200, or another one? Maybe Highway 56 along the Bull River? That's one of our favorite drives, just up the road from Clark Fork. Make sure you go see Ross Creek Cedars, it is an amazing place. But keep your dog/dogs (?) on a leash--there are mountain lions and bears, and the remote parts of the park feel really remote...

Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 PM

279 posts, read 486,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
There's supposed to be a dog beach just south of the Long Bridge on the Sandpoint side, but with all the construction I'm not sure if it's accessible.
As of last summer, it was accessible... a little tricky and not necessarily easy to get to, but accessible. IMO, not really worth the hassle though. The "beach" is terribly small and at least in the early part of last summer, was a mess (trash laying around, mucky water, etc.). It was a bit of a bummer!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:11 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
That's too bad. Dog Beach used to be pretty nice.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
I wasn't paying attention...when did Mistyriverranch become Mistyriver? I knew something was wrong with the cosmos lately.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I wasn't paying attention...when did Mistyriverranch become Mistyriver? I knew something was wrong with the cosmos lately.
We don't raise sheep any more (thank you Lord) so it seemed silly to keep ranch on the end. But the river is still here and it has plenty of mist in this weather, so MistyRiver it still is. But you all can call me Lisa.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yes, I noticed too. Smooth, Misty! I didn't know we could change our user names and keep our profile!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Yes, I noticed too. Smooth, Misty! I didn't know we could change our user names and keep our profile!
I sent a message to the admin and asked nicely.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbear2 View Post

Big disappointment is that Sandpoint is not very dog friendly...there is a little tiny fenced in area in Ponderay where you can run them but all the parks I have been to provide dogs.....bummer. I take mine up in the mountains and around the property I am staying. Thank God I have a cabin away from everyone and everything....

All in All , I love Northern Idaho... Its a great place.
Bigbear, I'm looking at the Sandpoint Magazine Summer 2012 insert, and on the back it has dog park info:

Dog Beach is mentioned (too bad it isn't very nice, apparently), and in addition to that there's Lakeview Park on Ontario by Memorial Field (near where the festival will be), and also Hickory St Park one block west of Boyer. The Kootenai dog park is listed, too. So it's not as bleak as we thought!

Remember that next to the Trestle Creek RV park there's a beach where well-behaved dogs are accepted, and also in Hope under the railroad bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho