Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 11:27 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnguyen View Post
I absolutely miss the humidity of the east coast.
I respectfully submit that you, my friend, have lost your marbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Humm...I will say this: it was definitely hot, too hot much of the time!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM

11 posts, read 21,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
I respectfully submit that you, my friend, have lost your marbles.
I have been searching for them for years now... *dramatic sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Humm...I will say this: it was definitely hot, too hot much of the time!
*jaw drops* Hot? I absolutely loved the weather this summer (besides the dryness, of course ). I thought it was freezing at night, another thing I miss about summers back home (the warm summer nights). And we visited DH's family in Kansas at the end of May... now that's hot. Oh, the awful memories!!

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty homesick. But I really do love Idaho, and I really wouldn't move back to Virginia.

Sorry for derailing & hijacking the thread. Uhh, back to those little blue & white insects... they're so cute. They look like little snow flutters without the cold or deadly ice!!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 859 times
We are heading up that way soon. Going to find our forever home. We are looking in CDA, Sandpoint and up towards Bonner's Ferry. We can't wait. What is your favorite area and why? We are from a small town. Hubby loves participating with our local community band. He is a tuba player.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:35 PM

271 posts, read 390,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applestrudel View Post
We are heading up that way soon. Going to find our forever home. We are looking in CDA, Sandpoint and up towards Bonner's Ferry. We can't wait. What is your favorite area and why? We are from a small town. Hubby loves participating with our local community band. He is a tuba player.
Check out Rathdrum and Spirit Lake.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:27 AM

546 posts, read 547,253 times
Hi all,
My wife, 3 kids, grandson, and I visited NID the second week of August, and we just loved it! We now live in Mesa Az, next to Phoenix, and we hate the summers here! About 4 days into our NID visit, the kids asked if they could just stay in NID and have our dogs shipped up from Arizona! Needless to say, we have been in contact with a realtor, and I had gone out and scouted the area from CDA to Rathdrum to Athol to Sandpoint. Alot to look at, and lots of beauty!
One thing that my wife and I noticed was a lack of bugs while we visited. We encountered a few of those gnat swarms (a couple feet in diameter) in the city park near the beach in CDA, but no mosquitoes and almost no flies. The kids noticed a few ants in the park. I'm originally from Erie Pa, and my wife hails from Buffalo, so we expected far more insects than we encountered. We were very pleasantly surprised! Unless there are periods during the season when insects are 'on the swarm', NID was a bugless paradise. Even comparing it to the Arizona desert, (which doesn't have too many flying bugs), it was vacant of bugs. (Of course, Az has the poisonous things, and NID doesn't, except for maybe a rattler or two...good luck finding them!)

Old 08-27-2015, 11:59 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,254 times
There are mosquitos earlier in the season, say in the May-June time frame depending on the year. There are also yellow jackets in some years, carpenter ants, and other bugs. Generally speaking though, I think insects tend to trive in more humid environments.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho