Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 AM

8 posts, read 50,395 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the input and pic Clark, and yes Zedd, it would seem that either way its a win/win.
I have come to realize that I am definitely a mountain person and both opportunities seem to have that.
I just hope the job opportunites are solid and competitive.
Cant wait to see these areas in person!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 AM

274 posts, read 471,870 times
Lovely picture, CFF

Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 PM

674 posts, read 1,458,995 times
Surprisingly, there's better whitewater near McCall then there is near Ketchum. MFSR is permit only; the other runs in the Ketchum area are pretty scarce.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:54 PM

8 posts, read 16,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdoc View Post
Thank you all for your input regarding the weather.
Could anybody give information on outdoor activities, and ease of access to such with regards to both locations.
I am an avid outdoors person who enjoys just about anything that has to do with outdoors.
Obviously McCall has a large lake in proximity. Are there water opportunities in Ketchum?
How about rock climbing?
With regards to hunting what types of hunting are available? Any water fowl hunting?
Lastly does one or the other lend themselves more to outdoor activites, i.e. more outfitters, guides, ease of access, or ability to find soloitude, etc.?

By the way I will be visiting there Nov 17 - Nov 28th
McCall for the first four days, Boise Wed and on Thanksgiving, then over to Ketchum Friday - Tues.
Any thoughts on "must see or do" activities for me to consider?

I appreciate the input.
Can't wait to see your beautiful state first hand!
The McCall area is a great place to live. If you love the outdoors, there's plenty to do. Check out a Payette National Forest map for camping sites, high mountain lakes and road access. I've backpacked into lakes and have had the whole place to myself. There are many hunting and fishing opportunities in the area as well. There are good cross country skiing trails all over, Brundage Mountain is a well known ski area only a short drive from McCall. Snowmobiling is considered to be top notch as well (too noisy for me though).

As pointed out in an earlier post, property is a bit higher there. There are several real estate companies in the area. I bought and sold a few places through Brundage Realty (Michelle is great). The drive to Boise is more like 90 miles. It takes about an hour and a half. Highway 55 can be slow going in the summer with all the tourist traffic heading up to the area from the Treasure Valley on weekends and holidays.

The locals are friendly and helpful. There are a few grocery stores to choose from, though many make a monthly trip to the valley to stock up. There are also some good restaurants in town too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho