Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:52 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what all is offered at the Krok Center in CDA. Do you need to be a member or pay to use the facilities. and if so how much. I have kids age 10-25. What is the swimming pool like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,838,848 times
It's a membership-based facility. I don't know the cost, but we know several people who go there for the health/fitness club. The pool area is very nice, and hugely popular with those with little ones, especially in the cold months of course. If we lived closer we'd go there often. They have robust child care programs too.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 AM

414 posts, read 1,095,073 times
It is a membership-based facility, and they charge a one-time $75 registration fee for families. Silver membership for families (up to 5 people) is $59/month, gold membership for families (up to 5 people) is $74/month. Silver membership gives you access to pretty much everything and a discount on paid activities. Gold membership gives you some bonus things like fitness coaching, guided fitness classes, etc.

Despite all the things I do around Coeur d'Alene, I've never actually been in the Kroc Center--my apartment gives me a gym membership to one of the other local gyms, and if I want to go swimming, I can either use that pool or head to the lake.

But I do know lots of people who use the Kroc Center and love it. I also know several people who work there, and are very happy, so it seems that both users and employees like the facility. I've never heard anything bad about the Kroc Center pools. They have a 10-lane competition lap pool and what they call "The Cove Pool" which has water slides, spray features, things like that. From everything I've heard, it's a very clean facility with just a ton of great stuff going on.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,401 times
All of the Kroc centers are owned and operated by the Salvation Army.
We rent halls every few years to produce benefit art and craft shows usually to benefit the local food bank here. (in our Montana town)
I inquired about the use of one of the Kroc centers large rooms to produce another benefit show and was a bit shocked. We always get free use of halls for our shows here and the radio stations and papers usually give our shows free advertising being for a good cause and all but these guys at Kroc want a fortune for hall rental as well as us having to have a $1,000,000 insurance policy to have the show there.
We'll have to keep our benefit productions in Montana I guess. For a non profit "helpful" organization they appear to be a bit on the arrogant and Hoity toity side but If I lived close-by I most likely would join up to use the facilities. We just can't afford to do our benefit shows there I guess.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM

161 posts, read 396,504 times
I exercise there routinely. Fantastic facilities. They have private shower/bathrooms for changing (sometimes crowded in early morning or after work

Competition pool is 25yrds.
Lazy river + slide and jungle gym is fantastic for younger kids. That area is always warm so even in the winter, you feel like you are in Hawaii there

Last edited by jjkmd; 04-26-2013 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 04-27-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkmd View Post
I exercise there routinely. Fantastic facilities. They have private shower/bathrooms for changing (sometimes crowded in early morning or after work

Competition pool is 25yrds.
Lazy river + slide and jungle gym is fantastic for younger kids. That area is always warm so even in the winter, you feel like you are in Hawaii there
Sounds fantastic, I wish we had something like that here in Sandpoint. Here the only pool available to the public is at the SWAC and they are not cheap.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Sounds fantastic, I wish we had something like that here in Sandpoint. Here the only pool available to the public is at the SWAC and they are not cheap.
We just don't have the population to draw a large philanthropic foundation center like the Kroc...but I'm with you...sure would be awesome to have one here...

Old 04-29-2013, 10:33 PM

I don't want Sandpoint to become some big city, but there are a few things I wish we would get here, but probably won't because they won't make enough money with the population.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I don't want Sandpoint to become some big city, but there are a few things I wish we would get here, but probably won't because they won't make enough money with the population.
I'm with you. Would like some amenities...but not at the price of turning into CDA...

Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM

11 posts, read 19,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
I'm with you. Would like some amenities...but not at the price of turning into CDA...
I find this quite amusing.

There is always someone lower on the totem pole.

I'm sure theres someone reading this in one of the smaller outlying towns thinking, "Jeez, I don't want [insert small town name here] turing into Sandpoint."

Coming from Los Angeles I can only laugh, cause I sit there and think, "Jeez, I'm glad CDA won't ever turn into LA."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho