Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 AM

241 posts, read 998,532 times

Advertisements

If you have kids and they like to fish the local Bass Masters club sponsers a kids fishing day on the greenbelt in IF too. It is a great way to get the kids outside and away from the video games. There is also a great Library there in downtown, and some historical buildings too. There is a great park on the South side of the bridge that crosses the Falls and some great restaurants there in downtown.

cleosmom....have they added any new stores to the west side, over by the new WalMart? That use to be such a depressed part of IF then poof they started to tear things down and make it real nice. I love the huge fountain over by Zions bank and the Cheveron station, Utah Ave and Pancheri (sp).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3arabs View Post
cleosmom....have they added any new stores to the west side, over by the new WalMart? That use to be such a depressed part of IF then poof they started to tear things down and make it real nice. I love the huge fountain over by Zions bank and the Cheveron station, Utah Ave and Pancheri (sp).
I don't get over to the west side often enough to know what's going on. My sister did tell me that they added some eagle sculptures to the top of the fountain there on the roundabout.

They will be adding an Olive Garden right where JB's used to be, JB's I think is now inside one of the hotels on Lindsay. The former Kmart/Ernst building is still currently vacant, Albertson's was going to move into that and exapnd its westside store, until they heard about the Super WM going in over there.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 AM

47 posts, read 142,094 times
hi arab and cleo, did you say that a walmart is going in at IF? Also what are your heating bills like because you do get snow in the winter dont you? You both are great,,,thanks for all your help?

Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 AM

Believe it or not, there are two super Walmarts in IF One on the west side near I-15 and Broadway and the one is actually considered being in Ammon as it's on the east side of Hitt Road (25th East).

During the summer the highest my power bill has gotten was maybe around $50.00, we have a window a/c. During winter I've seen out bill in the upper $80's, we heat with electricity (baseboard heat) and I keep my thermostat set between 60 and 65 degrees. Others heat with natural gas and some merely use their fireplaces. Some have the nasty ceiling heat.

We do indeed get snow in the winter, not that it is the main reason for prompting the heaters to come on, it's more like the below freezing and below zero temps that encourage that action. It was 30 when I woke up this morning aroun 7:30 and I have yet to turn my heat on.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 AM

241 posts, read 998,532 times
There are two super WM in IF. One on the east side just off of 17th and the other is on the West side just off of I-15.

The x-mas lights on the greenbelt are beautiful in winter!! Our winter bill would be between $100 and $200 depending on what we used, coal, oil or electric. Here in the Twin area it has run us about $100 all yr long and this place is full electric and a 92 double wide. The trailers run more to heat and cool here so tiss far better to be in a stick built house.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:11 AM

i'm new to this forum so how do you answer so fast, do you get signaled when I ask questions or what? I'm on my way to Michael's (craft store) to get some items(also work there part time,used to cake decorate at Fred Meyer prior to this)so I check back in awhile.Thanks for all your info,hope I'm not driving you crazy.I've been checking on homes in IF and Twin and it seems you get more for your money in IF but I notice not to many homes there have central air.Does it not get real hot in the summer? Anyway I'll be back later,,also have to go some yard work before the rain starts. take care

Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 AM

LOL, no we don't get signaled, I think there's a way you can. I'm simply taking a break from housework before I go into work

There's not much more need for central air here then there is for a fireplace in TX or FL. A small window a/c will get you through the few weeks we get that are in the 90's.

You're in luck, we have both Fred Meyers here and Michael's if they allow transfers.

If you get serious about considering IF you can PM (Private Message) me and I'll steer ya clear of the not so desirable areas

Old 10-12-2006, 12:33 PM

cleo that would be great....all the info I can get would be great.my email is iak54@comcast.net.we are in fact thinking of flying in next week,we are going to Vegas on Sat. and might leave earlier than planned so we can check out IF.My daughter works for Alaska Air so flight is free .Gotta go work on yard now,talk to ya later

Old 10-12-2006, 03:02 PM

313 posts, read 834,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in the sun View Post
cleo that would be great....all the info I can get would be great.my email is iak54@comcast.net.we are in fact thinking of flying in next week,we are going to Vegas on Sat. and might leave earlier than planned so we can check out IF.My daughter works for Alaska Air so flight is free .Gotta go work on yard now,talk to ya later
Def check out the areas that you are thinking of. We were looking at Twin or Pokie. After visiting we decided on the IF area. We absolutely love it there and can't wait to be there! Cleosmom has been wonderful in answering any questions that I have had!

Old 10-12-2006, 05:42 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
Fun in the sun, I sent you an email with some links of pictures of our area over on the western side of Idaho. We are in Cambridge about 30 miles from the Oregon Border. We are about mid state north to south. We are the gateway to Hells Canyon at Hwy 95 and Hwy 71. As I said in my email IF and Pocatello are also great places. We are a little more remote here at just about 50 miles to a Wal-Mart.

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho