Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times

Advertisements

My apologies if there are other threads on this. It looks like we will be making a stop in Coeur d'Alene for a night next month. I don't really know anything about the area, though naturally I will be googling like crazy. Does anyone have recommendations for any good, local restaurants and/or things we should see while we are in town? It looks like a beautiful place and I'm excited to visit! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
What day and any specific interests?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
What day and any specific interests?
We should be there on a Wednesday night, the 17th. We both like to be outside and active, and since we will be on a pretty decent road trip I think we will definitely want to get out and walk around. I'm not sure what time we will get into town but I hope to at least have a little time to get out and explore and have dinner somewhere. We definitely don't want to eat at the usual chain places, we prefer to try local. If I'm going to splurge on the calories, I want it to be worth it!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
For reference: CDA, ID - Google Maps

McEuen Park is under construction so stay away from there. The main happenings are on Sherman between 1st and 8th so you can walk up and down the street and window shop or people watch or whatever. For a longer walk you can walk though City Park and along the water on Rosenberry Dr. There is also a boardwalk that goes around the Resort marina. You can park in Memorial Field area. There are plenty of restaurants on or around Sherman. You might walk up 4th St. a bit to Capone's. It is a fun place with stuff hanging all over the walls and ceiling and 40 beers on tap. The garlic fries are really good and all the dough is homemade for pizza crust and burger buns. You can sit outside if it is a warm summer evening.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
For reference: CDA, ID - Google Maps

McEuen Park is under construction so stay away from there. The main happenings are on Sherman between 1st and 8th so you can walk up and down the street and window shop or people watch or whatever. For a longer walk you can walk though City Park and along the water on Rosenberry Dr. There is also a boardwalk that goes around the Resort marina. You can park in Memorial Field area. There are plenty of restaurants on or around Sherman. You might walk up 4th St. a bit to Capone's. It is a fun place with stuff hanging all over the walls and ceiling and 40 beers on tap. The garlic fries are really good and all the dough is homemade for pizza crust and burger buns. You can sit outside if it is a warm summer evening.
That's good information. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:24 PM

294 posts, read 544,539 times
Seasons restaurant is one block north of sherman on Lakeside ave. It has great food and a roll up door that opens the place up to the outside. It also has an outside seating area.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Do the hike around Tubbs Hill in downtown CDA.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Indeed - do the Tubbs Hill hike! We lived across from the Library and City Hall there for 6 months and I only hiked Tubbs Hill one time. And that was only about a half mile into the hike. Should have hiked there more. Also, you can go out on the floats by where the boats are docked by the CDA Resort. It's a great way to get some exercise. It is one of the longest docks to walk anywhere IIR my reading correctly. It can be cold - wear a windbreaker at least if you walk during CDA's colder months. Have fun!

Old 06-28-2013, 06:37 AM

Thank you for all the suggestions! I hope we get to town at a decent time because I really would like to do more than eat and sleep. I have never been to Idaho, so I'm pretty excited.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Take an early evening cruise on Lake Coeur d' Alene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho