Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 01:03 PM

7,381 posts, read 12,673,025 times

Advertisements

I can hardly believe it, but the vacation is over, and we're back in SoCal. It was much too short...but at least we've watched our front porch being built (pics will be posted soon), we've picked wild blackberries on our property, we've gone to Trestle Creek Beach, we've watched sunsets from the Clark Fork Bridge, we've hung out with good friends, done a bit of exploring, had huckleberry ice cream (lots of it...), found a new spot on Gold Hill to have a picnic lunch, and much more. Every day was a jewel. And we truly feel anchored. This time we were really coming home to NID, even if we couldn't share it with our Sweetie.

Thanks for caring, and for following this summer's NID adventure on this thread, guys! See ya on the Porch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 01:43 PM

551 posts, read 804,202 times
That's a bummer your vacation ended and you had to come back to SoCal. But I'm glad you had a great time and had a safe drive back.

Looking forward to the photos of your place. Welcome back to SoCal!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:43 PM

Thanks! I guess we can support each other in our forced (but temporary) exile! When are you going up next time?

Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 AM

Hi CFF. Yeah, it sure would be nice to drive up there and not have to come back.

My brother is heading up there in a week or so to take more stuff to his place and he will take more photos of my place then. I'll probably head up there again sometime next month.

The build is going slower than planned since a lot of guys my builder uses ended up going to North Dakota for the booming economy and high pay. I think they get free room and board and make something like $50/hr in North Dakota. He has to wait for them to get homesick and come back home from their tour over there. A couple of the his guys who are renting houses from him in the Post Falls area surprised him by coming back from North Dakota with big down payments to put down to buy the houses from him.

I hope your build is going along smoothy. Do you have a tentative completion date yet?

(Don't forget to post your photos)

Old 08-23-2014, 02:49 PM

356 posts, read 520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I can hardly believe it, but the vacation is over, and we're back in SoCal. It was much too short...but at least we've watched our front porch being built (pics will be posted soon), we've picked wild blackberries on our property, we've gone to Trestle Creek Beach, we've watched sunsets from the Clark Fork Bridge, we've hung out with good friends, done a bit of exploring, had huckleberry ice cream (lots of it...), found a new spot on Gold Hill to have a picnic lunch, and much more. Every day was a jewel. And we truly feel anchored. This time we were really coming home to NID, even if we couldn't share it with our Sweetie.

Thanks for caring, and for following this summer's NID adventure on this thread, guys! See ya on the Porch!

Bummer, Clark! I'm sorry that you had to leave, but I'm glad you had some good times this summer.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafretired View Post
Hi CFF. Yeah, it sure would be nice to drive up there and not have to come back.

My brother is heading up there in a week or so to take more stuff to his place and he will take more photos of my place then. I'll probably head up there again sometime next month.

The build is going slower than planned since a lot of guys my builder uses ended up going to North Dakota for the booming economy and high pay. I think they get free room and board and make something like $50/hr in North Dakota. He has to wait for them to get homesick and come back home from their tour over there. A couple of the his guys who are renting houses from him in the Post Falls area surprised him by coming back from North Dakota with big down payments to put down to buy the houses from him.

I hope your build is going along smoothy. Do you have a tentative completion date yet?

(Don't forget to post your photos)
I guess boom times for some means frustration for others! I hope your builder can get some other guys if the Bakken adventure drags out.

We're pushing for completion next summer. Doesn't sound like much of a push, but it is! Best we can do.

I can't post any photos right now, because our computer is dead, and I'm using my iPad. Grrrrr...I can't download anything to it without my computer! SoCal traffic, weather heating up, work piling up, and no home computer....

Lion, yes, at least we had some precious weeks in the land of sanity!

Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM

Wow, does that mean you're going to be able to move up there for good next year?

Hope you get your computer fixed or get a new one soon. It's amazing how much the price of these things have come down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho