Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:43 AM

47 posts, read 142,102 times

Advertisements

Is this a nice neighborhood and how far is it from the main shopping area? Houses look really nice there and just was wondering if anyone new the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2006, 01:45 PM

75 posts, read 344,686 times
I don't know about that one. Do yo have kids? From what my friends who live there tell me to stay in the Hill Crest School area. ( oops, just remembered your last post, I believe you said your kids were grown?)

If you live in a curb and gutter neighborhood ( everything we have here in Seattle for both of us) you have city sewers and such if not it's well water, which you would want tested periodically, and you have to pay. Just a thought.

We're looking for a home in a neighborhood with sidewalks and such. I feel that way I can get to know people better as opposed to living on a few acres. My hubbyand I, think that's the best way for us to adjusted to the area, and if we still like a few years later then we'll get some acreage.

I'm not sure what sites you're using for research ( may be we could trade sources), but check out snakeriver mls

http://www.usamls.net/snakeriver/def...19710&lid=1844

Have you been to the Mall out there yet? Nice. The movie theatre was great too.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:21 PM

wamommy,
Thanks for the input. Victorian village is a awesome housing area. I just go to realtor.com or remax.com and you get the same info as the snake river mls.I too want curb and gutter home. Not quite ready for too much country yet.Can't wait to go visit the area,need to actually see it for myself. We went to Nampa and Boise, they are nice but not really want I want.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:29 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
Victorian Village is a nice subdivision on the south side of town; a few miles to the hospital and the mall and straight shot to shopping area out Holmes (Fred Meyer etc. etc.)

Ok, it's not completely true about the sidewalks/gutters. I'm in a subdivion that does not have such and we're on Falls water, not well..... not that it matters as we drink bottled water

Old 11-06-2006, 07:45 PM

cleosmom, is there other housing like Victorian? On the web the homes there look nice and like its a clean area. It the south side of town a good area? Sure is nice having someone (likeyou) there that can answer questions. I saw that snow is in your forecast for next week. We are having major rain.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Let's see, Cedar Ridge, Stonebrook, Crimson Valley, Comore Loma and out by the country club are all nice areas. I'd warn against the lettered streets and Bel Aire. Oh wait, Shamrock is another nice subdivision. I'd include Cloverdale, but it's a hit and miss type neighborhood and doesn't ahve sidewalks and gutters.

I'm probably missing some that I don't even know exist as there are new ones going up all the time.

BTW, I spoke to a client this afternoon regarding prices around here, he's a realtor, and he told me that we haven't gone over the line as far housing costs like Boise did, we've been more on a normal rise.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:27 PM

cleosmom..

Thanks for tip re: well water!
I agree with fun in the sun, its nice to be able to ask a local so many questions.

I've been looking at houses aroung the hillcrest area thanks to your advice. What about bu the Idaho Falls high is that a good area fir schools also?

Can you tell me anything about these subdivisons ( I believe most are new).

Fairway Estates
Meadows
Stone Arbor
Woodland Hills

I saw stonebrook when I was there last. very nice.

Thanks for all of your help

Old 11-08-2006, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamommy1 View Post
cleosmom..

Thanks for tip re: well water!
I agree with fun in the sun, its nice to be able to ask a local so many questions.

I've been looking at houses aroung the hillcrest area thanks to your advice. What about bu the Idaho Falls high is that a good area fir schools also?

Can you tell me anything about these subdivisons ( I believe most are new).

Fairway Estates
Meadows
Stone Arbor
Woodland Hills

I saw stonebrook when I was there last. very nice.

Thanks for all of your help
Fairway Estates is a great neighborhood, somewhat out of the way of everything sitting just north of town. Your advantage is the Sage Lakes golf course is there if you're into golf.

The others you listed are in Ammon, and last year one new subdivision had major trouble with flooding. I'm sorry that I don't remember which one, but I do know that it seemed like it was going to be an ongoing problem. If I stumble across which one it was, I'll let you know.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 AM

Thanks!!
Is Idaho Falls High good like Hillcrest? I want to buy a house in a neighborhood with good schools, so we don't have to move ever again!!!
Is Hillcrest in Ammon or Idaho Falls ( learning my maps!)?

Old 11-08-2006, 09:16 AM

I have seen great kids graduate from all four high schools, as I don't have any school age kids, it's hard for me to determine which school is the better of all. Having said that, I do know that amongst my friends who live in Hillcrest's district they will not move for that very reason.

Idaho Falls is in school district 91 and Hillcrest is in 93, if you Google them you will find the boundaries and other info on the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho