Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 10:44 AM

6 posts, read 4,720 times

Advertisements

idaho moving from lake tahoe would like same kind of landscape snow trees mountains any suggestions got 200000 to spend

Last edited by ccnevada; 12-08-2015 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 01:45 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnevada View Post
idaho moving from lake tahoe would like same kind of landscape snow trees mountains any suggestions got 200000 to spend
Indeed, come on over to the Idaho forum. But to give you a quick answer, focus on North Idaho (NID for short), around Lake Coeur d'Alene, Priest Lake or Lake Pend Oreille. The closest match to Lake Tahoe would be Sandpoint. It all depends on whether you want to be in a town, or in a rural area.

Are you talking about buying bare land and build a home, or purchasing a home? How much acreage? 200 K is at the low end these days, but it can be done. Check out Realtor.com.

When you ask your question in the Idaho forum, don't forget to add details. That helps a lot if we're going to give you any meaningful advice.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:40 PM

199 posts, read 316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnevada View Post

I'm from the same area as you except a little bit west........Pollock Pines, been here 21 years.

We bought a home in Priest River (actually closer to Priest Lake, about 8 miles from the lake) but our address is Priest River, were 20 miles outside of town. Since we were looking for the same type of area as you are we looked in Clark Fork, outside of Sandpoint, Bonners Ferry and of course the Priest River/Priest Lake area.

We ended up where we did because we found a place that basically met everything we were looking for, 7+ acres of land, 3 bdrm 1500 sqft home with outbuildings and in the same price range as you are looking.

If you like Tahoe, NID will blow you away at least it did for us...it's an awesome place.

I'm headed up to the new house tomorrow to hang out for a week or so, pay my property taxes and get the electric put into my name. We closed on the place back in mid Sept. but let the previous owners stay there until they purchased their new place, they got their keys yesterday. Now all we need to do is sell our house here and get everything moved up there.

If you have any questions fell free to PM/DM me, I'd be glad to help/answer any questions you may have.

This is what our new place looks like and a little bit of the surrounding area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1wIxPBQrEE

-Don

Last edited by sierra don; 12-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: add additional text

Old 12-09-2015, 08:37 PM

25 posts, read 25,047 times
Don, thank you for the video. Your place is awesome my friend, congratulations! Now I really can't wait for my next trip up in March.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:33 PM

199 posts, read 316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiosElAye View Post
Don, thank you for the video. Your place is awesome my friend, congratulations! Now I really can't wait for my next trip up in March.

Thanks AdiosElAye, We really lucked out getting that place. This week I'll be able to finally get some vid of the interior, since the owners were still living there I did not feel right doing too much vid of the place. Will also get some aerial video of the home and surrounding area and supposed to get some snow so that should make some great footage.

This trip will be my 1st chance to really look the place over, hard to really look around when someone else's stuff is still in the house and on the property, we had an inspection done so not worried about finding any problems.

Have fun on your March trip up there, 3 mo's will go by fast.....

Old 12-10-2015, 12:46 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
It'll be interesting to see if the OP finds us. The thread was moved here from another forum.

Happy trails tomorrow, Don! Having just come back from a week in NID myself, I know you'll feel so envigorated, coming up to the stark beauty of early winter. You might get some snow over the weekend. Of course you have winter in the Sierras, too, so the contrast may not be as overpowering as coming from SoCal. For me, it was like coming home to a memory from my youth. Sharp, cold air, snow on the ground, bare trees...

I hope the interior of your house is everything you hope it will be!

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 12-10-2015 at 12:58 AM..

Old 12-10-2015, 08:09 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiosElAye View Post
I agree. That is one awesome video! Thanks for giving us a link to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho