Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 05:10 AM

9 posts, read 8,428 times

Advertisements

Hello All. This is my first post and I hope I'm doing it right.

I lived in Soda as a child...Blackfoot Reservoir was basically in the
back yard. Having travelled a lot of this country, I miss my first "home",
and hope someone can fill me in on some stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 05:18 AM

9 posts, read 8,428 times
Default Finishing 1st Post...Bear with me please.

Is Hooper Springs still wonderful and sparkling?

Town of Henry still exist? I do recall a lovely woman named "Tiny"
that ran the only store across from the docks. Thanks to all.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:10 PM

35 posts, read 67,229 times
I live north of there in Pocatello, but I love, love, love going to Soda Springs for the day every couple of years! I adore little towns that are County Seats but AWAY from freeways. I think it suffered a setback when the big employer Kerr Magee pulled out 15 years ago, but it felt pretty vibrant when I was there last summer (movie theater, a couple of good-sized grocery stores, maybe one or two franchises [A&W and maybe Subway], a charming mix of independent small town businesses on the Main Street, oldest soda fountain in Idaho, possibly a DRIVE-IN movie theater, etc). The tiny local hospital is supposed to be good (Caribou Memorial or Community Hospital, I think). The historic Enders Hotel was re-done about 10 years ago and their restaurant is decent with views of the hourly Geyser eruption. The owners of Enders have created a museum in the old hotel rooms on the 2nd floor and they are generous about letting people go up there and "explore" for no charge. The upper floors of the hotel are renovated and rented as typical hotel rooms. There are plenty of businesses (real estate offices, title company, accounting, hardware, pharmacy, beauty, etc., etc.), but outside of the two larger grocery stores, there is nothing resembling a big box store (which I find charming). Saw lots of kids riding around the community on their bikes, the parks were fullof people recreating, etc.

I hope you get some responses from true locals. I just wanted to chime in and say it's alive and well and I agree that it's wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho