Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 09:17 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
P&OC stands for Politics & Other Controversies. It's another sub-forum on City Data.

"Divisive partisan comments" is just that. It's not hard to understand, and when you wrote your last sentence, that was a typical divisive partisan comment.

Opinions don't have to include name calling in them. Since Idahoans are passionate about their politics, the mod here keeps a tight rein on political discussion because political topics in the past started bitter flame wars here.

The former moderator quit because he was constantly having to get after members who refused to keep the discussions here civil and respectful toward each other.

Since P&OC is the specific forum for political discussion, if you want to push your opinion and include names like 'snowflakes', then do it there. If you want to discuss Idaho's politics in a more general and civil way, he will allow it here.

Remember that the moderator does not have to explain himself or his actions here. He represents the site's owners, and enforces their rules. Since this is a private enterprise, the mods and the owners get to set the rules. Quarreling with them will just get a member banned.
I agree with everything you stated here. However, when someone posts a thread called "The Political Future of Idaho", isn't political discussion to be expected? Perhaps the thread should have been moved immediately as opposed to let it build up as what happened here. Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 09:30 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I agree with everything you stated here. However, when someone posts a thread called "The Political Future of Idaho", isn't political discussion to be expected? Perhaps the thread should have been moved immediately as opposed to let it build up as what happened here. Just sayin'.
We all have kept our civility in this topic so far pretty well, I think. Good enough for it to go on for over 40 replies.

There's no reason to lock it I can see. Idaho's political future is something that is a subject that can use some honest discussion. And there's no reason for hostility to be a part of the discussion.

This upcoming election will be a big change, no matter how it turns out, and things have changed a lot since Butch Otter first became Governor. I expect that this thread may come and go, as new developments come about, for quite some time, possibly well into next year.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:24 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
Indeed. There is no question that Ada County is becoming more democratic, but will it be enough to change the entire State is anyone's guess, but my guess unlikely. (I hope that was civil enough!)

Old 08-30-2017, 06:15 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
P&OC stands for Politics & Other Controversies. It's another sub-forum on City Data.

"Divisive partisan comments" is just that. It's not hard to understand, and when you wrote your last sentence, that was a typical divisive partisan comment.

Opinions don't have to include name calling in them. Since Idahoans are passionate about their politics, the mod here keeps a tight rein on political discussion because political topics in the past started bitter flame wars here.

The former moderator quit because he was constantly having to get after members who refused to keep the discussions here civil and respectful toward each other.

Since P&OC is the specific forum for political discussion, if you want to push your opinion and include names like 'snowflakes', then do it there. If you want to discuss Idaho's politics in a more general and civil way, he will allow it here.

Remember that the moderator does not have to explain himself or his actions here. He represents the site's owners, and enforces their rules. Since this is a private enterprise, the mods and the owners get to set the rules. Quarreling with them will just get a member banned.

how do you know this? Have you heard from Sage?

He and I diverged wildly on politics but he was a really good and decent guy. Wish he were still here.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
how do you know this? Have you heard from Sage?

He and I diverged wildly on politics but he was a really good and decent guy. Wish he were still here.
It was just a guess on my part. I shouldn't have made that comment, and I apologize for it.

I agree; Sage is a real decent guy, and I wish he was still here too. Maybe he'll come back eventually- I hope so. But I think Volosong is doing a very good job, and I'm glad he's here.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:47 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
It was just a guess on my part. I shouldn't have made that comment, and I apologize for it.

I agree; Sage is a real decent guy, and I wish he was still here too. Maybe he'll come back eventually- I hope so. But I think Volosong is doing a very good job, and I'm glad he's here.
As decent as they come, and I miss him as well.

When I read your comment, I also wondered how you came by that inside info. If moderating was the issue, I wouldn't think his profile would still show moderator status. But that's just a wild guess. I wrote to him ages ago, asking him what was going on and how he was doing, but never received a reply. Clearly, there are many of us who would love to hear from him.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
As decent as they come, and I miss him as well.

When I read your comment, I also wondered how you came by that inside info. If moderating was the issue, I wouldn't think his profile would still show moderator status. But that's just a wild guess. I wrote to him ages ago, asking him what was going on and how he was doing, but never received a reply. Clearly, there are many of us who would love to hear from him.
That's how it goes on any forum. Great folks come and go. There are always lots of reasons for dropping out as a regular member of any forum. Why didn't Trace Rinaldi ever come back? Who knows?

I've dropped out of several forums after growing tired of seeing the same questions and the same answers time after time.

That's the way it is with them all... it's like a lot parade; new folks are constantly joining at the back, while those who've been marching for a while are always dropping out in the front.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:13 PM

247 posts, read 196,798 times
Am I too late to crash the party???

Sage did prolly keep himself busy with me. He really liked me but some people must have whined constantly.

Anyway, I think Idaho and everywhere will become more liberal. The whole country is going down the drain with citizens wanting and expecting entitlements, handouts, and costing more tax payer money than we have. Idaho conservatives will put up one he'll of a fight though.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:39 AM

181 posts, read 270,640 times
Default You know what they say

It's all good until they run out of other people's money.

Then I guess the United States starts over.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelshund20 View Post
It's all good until they run out of other people's money.

Then I guess the United States starts over.
Governments don't run out of money.

Money is currency. Governments create currency. The trick is to manage the creation. Sometimes we need more in circulation, sometimes we don't. The money supply comes and goes along with the flow of the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho