Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 347 times

Advertisements

Hello, nice to meet you guys!
I live in Boise and I've got to drive back, next week from Orange County, CA. I do the drive quite often but I want to pick the brains of others that have experience with the route driving from Southern California. I normally take the I-15 > Vegas > Ely and 93 > 84W. I've taken the I-15 > 84 through SLC. I have also done the 95 through Western Nevada. The issue is that I have done all these drives either at different times or with different vehicles, so I have no reference to how comparatively quick they are.

So does anybody know which one is going to be the quickest route?

I don't care about the scenic attributes of each of the different routes. Just want to spend the least amount of time driving. I have no issue doing the drive in one day. I am also gonna be starting the drive at 3AM or so, so we will be traversing the coldest parts during the daytime/warms hours, but if the slippery conditions become an issue I have 4WD, and stuff to handle that.

Let me know what ya think!

Old 01-21-2021, 08:37 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Going to point you to the recent thread that addressed this issue, (we don't need multiple, current threads on the same topic). Even though the topic is driving to North Idaho, it is still applicable to you because many of the routes use Interstate 84. You can find it here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/idah...ornia-nid.html

p.s. If you have specific questions, ask in that thread. This thread is now closed.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho