Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2022, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 4,692 times

Advertisements

My husband is trying to get me to sell our house in the Greater Seattle area (Maple Valley) and build on the land we currently own, overlooking Lake Cocolalla. We have only lived here for two years, six years in a town home closer to downtown Bellevue before this. Our kids have slowly acclimated to suburban life after COVID quarantine and such. So I’m not exactly open to a big change like this but giving him the benefit of the doubt. If we lived around Lake Cocolalla, how friendly is this area in terms of activities such as ballet/music and, sports, scouts? I’ll look up the school districts but I specifically wanted to know about activities as they have quite a bit going on. As of next year kids will be going into first grade, fourth grade, and middle school.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 04:03 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
I don't know about little kids, but there is going to be camping, boating, hunting and fishing and probably 4-H which is an excellent organization for kids. There will be sports teams for kids through the school

You'll have to check google to see if there is a ballet school in Sand Point. Surely there is some sort of music. Sand Point is pretty sophisticated for its size (but even for its size, it is little). Coeur d'Alene is close enough to go to for performing arts and for really important performances, Spokane isn't out of the question.

It's sure going to be different from Seattle. Sports and activities for kids are different. Yours won't be able to hang out at the mall and skateboard and smoke dope and paint graffiti if you move here. More than likely, they will take up fishing instead.

Big big change for you. Have you been to this area at all? Didn't you look around while you were here?

Old 04-27-2022, 04:05 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
I just looked up ballet schools in Sand Point. The information came right up

Old 04-27-2022, 05:49 PM

4 posts, read 4,692 times
@oregonwoodsmoke I visited once while passing through but we had been driving for days from a spring break trip and had just picked up our puppy so we headed right back home without checking out the town. We are not close to downtown Seattle so we are a ways away from the graffiti haha but I hear ya. It’s still nice for us to be able to go to concerts and such in the city. Thanks for all the info though! Definitely good to hear.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:16 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
You'll be about 20-30 minutes south of Sandpoint (one word). We have friends whose kids went through middle and high school there, and they did all the usual cultural and sports activities, including hanging out at the beach in summer. For bigger events you're going to be about 50 minutes north of Coeur d'Alene, and about 1 1/2 hour NE of Spokane. If you don't mind a bit of driving there are many cultural opportunities. Not as many as Seattle, of course, but then again, it isn't Seattle .

Nice restaurant on 95 in Cocolalla, The View, right on the lake. Great homemade chips. It was open last summer, so I'm hoping it's still open.

Old 04-28-2022, 10:10 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,743,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

It's sure going to be different from Seattle. Sports and activities for kids are different. Yours won't be able to hang out at the mall and skateboard and smoke dope and paint graffiti if you move here. More than likely, they will take up fishing instead.
They do all of these things in Sandpoint.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:11 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cocolalla/about/

Apply, ask questions.

Supposedly about a 1000 residents near lake but I dunno if all those are full-time.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:02 PM

294 posts, read 544,434 times
Construction costs have gone up. You mentioned that you would be building on land you already own. Be cautious of this when factoring in what it will cost to do the move to Idaho.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:30 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

.......Nice restaurant on 95 in Cocolalla, The View, right on the lake. Great homemade chips. It was open last summer, so I'm hoping it's still open.
There is a restaurant on the lake these days!!

Wow, does that mean that there are homes in the area??

Oh man, you can NEVER go back home. They have taken paved over everything!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho