Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:23 PM

12 posts, read 87,562 times

Advertisements

Hi Trace! I was just wondering where you found the live webcam & detailed weather for Harrison. I grew up in Harrison & my mom is still there so it is nice to know I can check out the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 PM

Smile Amykis5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykis5 View Post
My family and I are making a big move to CDA in the next couple months from California ( yes, another Cali!!!) We have only visited in the fall, spring, and summer months to check things out. I have heard that this past winter was unheard of in regards to snow. Beside the freaky "extra" snow this year, are the normal winters somewhat low key? I did speak to a gentlemen in the area and he said winters are a "no big deal". Was this man full of it???!!!!!!! I know it can be grey, but I am used to this in Central California due to the thick blanket of smog year round.I currently live in the dirtiest air basin in the nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CDA sounds perfect right now!!!!
Thanks for any and all input~~~~
Hi Amykis5,
I grew up in Harrison ID & Central CA! The winters are really cold, way colder than in the valley. The air is bitter cold, unlike the valley were it is foggy and moist. There is a lot more to think about in Idaho like: snow tires, black ice, frostbite, high water bills in the winter (from keeping the water running so the pipes won't break), shoveling snow, blizzards... but the fog in the valley is almost worse lol. I enjoyed my winters in Idaho because like someone else said there is a lot to do. There are ski/snowboarding resorts (like silver mt.) and it is really beautiful. I am on the central coast right now & kinda missing the snow in the winter. I don't know if you have kids or not but I think its a great place to raise a family!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:27 AM

791 posts, read 2,958,705 times
I lived in Post Falls in 2006-2007 and the winter as far as snow storms go was pretty mild.
Although everyone I worked with said they used to get tons of snow so maybe it's going back to "normal".

Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GueritaBrown View Post
Hi Trace! I was just wondering where you found the live webcam & detailed weather for Harrison. I grew up in Harrison & my mom is still there so it is nice to know I can check out the weather.
Hi Guerita.... The webcam and live weather can be found on this link...
Its a great webcam, and weather source..

Harrison, Idaho Vacation Rentals

Old 12-20-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Hi Guerita.... The webcam and live weather can be found on this link...
Its a great webcam, and weather source..

Harrison, Idaho Vacation Rentals

Wow Trace! I didn't know that Harrison had rentals now! One of the houses was my friends house growing up (actually i think one of my friends, her dad built it & another friend lived there later when they sold it)!!! How funny I spent a lot of time in that house!

The other house is by the "old school" were i would go sleding year after year! Thank you for the info Trace!

Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Default Mousetrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousetrap View Post
I lived in Post Falls in 2006-2007 and the winter as far as snow storms go was pretty mild.
Although everyone I worked with said they used to get tons of snow so maybe it's going back to "normal".
Yeah maybe the winters are going back to normal! I remember as a kid being able to ice skate on Lake CDA, & there were stories of people walking across the lake (like from harrison to Harlow pt. road). One winter in 96 i think there was like 6 ft of snow in Cataldo!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 AM

464 posts, read 1,111,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
I was born in Calif 38 years ago myself, Whittier to be exact. I dont know what it is but I actually like cloudy cold weather. Compared to hi heat there is no comparison for me. I guess its just the way Im built, but I LOVE it when it rains and stays cloudy for days on end. I guess its a case of different strokes for different folks. My wife loves cloudy weather too. We actually complain when the sun comes out in the winter months! Just think your odds for skin cancer go down dramatically too!HA!
Hows that for seeing the bright side er uh the cloudy side of things?
I am built like an ape(as in a hairy sob), so the cold doesn't bother me much. My wife on the other hand gets cold when the temp drops to below 70 in our house. I'll have to figure out a way to break that before we move next year. lol The one thing I do like about Sacramento is that it rains A LOT during the winter months. Nothing I like more than a cloudy, stormy day...it would be even better if it were snowing.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:56 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Alright you soon to be Idahoans, I'm inviting you to SE Idaho. My back is not liking all this shoveling It's one thing to have to shovel at home, but Friday the plow never showed at work and guess who got the lovely task

I bake a mean Banana Nut bread if there's any takers

Old 12-22-2008, 11:32 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post
I am built like an ape(as in a hairy sob), so the cold doesn't bother me much. My wife on the other hand gets cold when the temp drops to below 70 in our house. I'll have to figure out a way to break that before we move next year. lol The one thing I do like about Sacramento is that it rains A LOT during the winter months. Nothing I like more than a cloudy, stormy day...it would be even better if it were snowing.
LOL...Well for me its not so much the hair, but the the extra insulation!
I have some Indian blood that leaves me pretty hairless, except on my head.. Maybe Idaho will warm your wifes heart so much she dont notice its that cold..

CM, thats a shame. Hopefully this isnt the tone of the whole winter up there..

Old 12-22-2008, 11:33 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Alright you soon to be Idahoans, I'm inviting you to SE Idaho. My back is not liking all this shoveling It's one thing to have to shovel at home, but Friday the plow never showed at work and guess who got the lovely task

I bake a mean Banana Nut bread if there's any takers
Ooh! That would be great!

We should start something called "Learn to be an Idahoan".

Here's how it works. People pay us to come stay with us and shovel our snow. They get up at 6AM to stumble outside and shovel for 2 hours, come in for a hot shower and some coffee, and right back out to help shovel the elderly neighbors' driveways too. That would be a great racket!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho