Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:21 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Nope. Coeur d'Alene is a real, live town and it's not in the least bit desolate in the winter months.
mistyriverranch,

I owe you an apology. I can't make a copy of the post I answered, given that it no longer exists in this thread. It was one you wrote that had my username as part of the beginning quote of your post, just like this one has yours (although it was what I'd written, not your message above). When I see my username in a post being quoted, I think the author is addressing me.

I don't know what the glitch was that I saw that post as the "first new post," vs. the others posted in this thread, since I had written my supportive comment of Cd'A. It doesn't really matter at this point. What matters is I should have asked you if indeed you were addressing me, or if you were addressing someone else who had posted in the thread.

I apologize for making that assumption and writing another post which attempted to answer your comments. Clearly, Sage didn't see it the same way I did and others may have agreed with Sage. I mention that strictly as the posts are now gone and we can't go back to see what got copied with my username along with the contents apparently directed to someone else.

What matters to me at this point is I offer you my apology for the misunderstanding. Your posts seem helpful, so I was baffled at what you had written. I erroneously thought your first set of comments were to me, but couldn't understand why. I'm sorry for my part of the confusion.

I have learned an important lesson from this experience and it is one I hope others will learn from as well. If I'm not sure whether comments are directed to me or not, instead of answering that type of post, I plan on asking the author if the words were indeed intended for me before I answer.

I hope we can continue posting on threads of common interest and learn from each other. I found your comments in the Coldwater Creek thread enlightening today (sad, but enlightening). Please send me a DM if you have any questions for me, unless you believe a response here will help forumers in general responding to each other.

Please check your DMs in the next 24 hrs.

Sincerely,

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 12-28-2008 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: I inadvertently left the "Creek" out of Coldwater Creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
No problem MSR, it's all good.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:50 AM

993 posts, read 3,253,417 times
If there's any kissin and makin up we want pictures

Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
No problem MSR, it's all good.
Thanks, mistyriverranch.

I have no problem admitting a mistake or when I'm wrong. I'm grateful you are mature and wise enough to accept my apology.

MSR

Old 01-01-2009, 02:15 AM

3 posts, read 13,084 times
I believe Katiewa is correct it did get that cold in '83. Wheregirl those other states you mentioned are nice I guess, but nothing is as close to heaven as the great state of IDAHO.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 AM

5 posts, read 10,431 times
I would not recommend Pocetello, but I think any other south east Idaho town fits your desires. You won't have to worry about there being lots of kids in mormon community. I mean, they are usually really into the kids and family thing.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:20 AM

210 posts, read 947,155 times
Idaho...you know? I'm curious to know why you think Pocatello might not be a good fit. You don't give any reasons for your statement so I wonder what it is based on. Although I do seem to be in the minority here in really liking Pocatello.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:52 PM

3 posts, read 1,746 times
Sandpoint, Idaho!

Old 06-19-2019, 08:08 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
No where in Idaho for the OP, who has most likely long since decided and moved and maybe is at the point of moving again.

All of Idaho gets cold in the winter and all of Idaho has forest fire smoke pollution in the summer.

As for a generous amount of young intellectual dating material, I suggest a town with a large liberal arts university. If cold weather is undesirable, then a university town on the southern edge of the USA. University of California at La Jolla or Santa Barbara might be a good choice for the OP. San Diego would be double suitable because you get the choice of all the strong fit young military to choose from as well as students from a dozen colleges.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:35 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Coeur d'Alene almost sounds like it would suit your desires. It is a RAPIDLY growing area, lots of younger people moving in, the job situation is quite good and it's a beautiful area. There is a growing technology industry in the area. And much of the year, air quality is very good. However, in the summer, during wildfire season, it can be terrible. Canada and Washington have large areas that burn nearly every summer (WA in particular has huge sagebrush areas that are tinderboxes). And of course Idaho has enough fires of our own. When the wind is wrong (which is most of the time when it's out of the west/northwest) smoke blows in and tends to settle here at the base of the mountains. Walk outside and your lungs ache and eyes burn. Some summers are bad, some not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho