Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 11:11 AM

3 posts, read 14,635 times

Advertisements

My husband and I would like to buy the North End Bar and Grill in Tetonia, ID. We now live in MI and need to start a new life because of the lack of opportunities in MI. Any thoughts or comments about Tetonia and The North End would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 12:48 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
While I don't "live" there, I've been through there many times and continue to travel through there for visits to N. Idaho, The Tetons and Yellowstone. What interaction I've had with folks up there was that they were very friendly indeed. There was a great restaurant and bar in Victor which I've eaten at as well as the highly respected steak house by the airport in Driggs. That is a stunningly beautiful part of the world. Believe me, while Michigan is no slouch for beauty in some parts (been there done that) it is in NO way any comparison to where you are looking to move.

There seems to be a significant movement towards retirees and vacation homes being built in that general region. So business could be pretty decent for you. I suspect it would largely be made up of more so local people than folks just happening through the town. That is a pretty tight knit community as well so if you like that kind of life it will do well for you. Also they can have some winters where the snow can literally keep you house bound for a day or so. It's a different life up there, but one that can be highly rewarding. Just the air quality alone will be worth it. The vistas towards the Tetons will remind you of the creator of the universe real quick. It's just drop dead gorgeous up there. You're very fortunate..........

Old 02-05-2009, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,902 times
Default Tetonia

Hi Michele-

The woman that has been managing the restaurant has improved the business and the menu in the last few years that she has had it. It is also redecorated and the seating has been expanded. There is a bar across the street called Dave's Pub that used to be called Snoopy's. It has a loyal following from the locals. [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 02-05-2009 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: No Real Estate Advertising/Promotion

Old 02-06-2009, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,881 times
Hi Michele,

I'm also moving to Tetonia within the next 12 months, so its appeal to me should be obvious. I can't wait to move to Teton Valley; I love the climate, the people, the views, all of it.

That being said, I think that whatever lack of opportunities you're leaving behind in Michigan, the North End Bar and Grill will be an extremely tough road to hoe. If you're retired and looking at it as a hobby business, then I could see it. If you're hoping to support more than two people on it, I suspect it will be very difficult.

If it were a business in Driggs or Victor, I think that would be different. People, especially tourists, actually stop and park and walk around in those two towns. With some of the expansion going on in Driggs and eventually at Grand Targhee, that's going to really be the epicenter of Teton Valley.

But... Tetonia is a bit of the red-headed stepchild of the valley. It's the furthest behind in terms of development and appearance. It's the furthest from Teton Pass/Jackson. No matter what improvements you make, the location and surrounding businesses are a clear disadvantage.

It's hard to tell from your post as to whether or not you've visited Tetonia before. I don't mean that critically, just, have you been there, and if so, how many times? What time of year?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you everyone for your input it is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Yes we have been to Tetonia several times and like the small town feel. We know that alot of growth is surrounding Tetonia and we would like Tetonia to grow with it !!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:22 PM

6 posts, read 28,691 times
I agree with Grimrace. If you had a restaurant in Driggs, there would be a lot more traffic. Nobody really stops in Tetonia. There are several new things coming to Driggs, and when the economy takes off again, so will Driggs. The National Geographic just made Driggs the Geotourism stop for the region. That will mean many tourists visiting, which will mean many customers. We love the area too. Down to earth people (a mixture of several different groups) Everyone seems to get along fine and respect each other. Some of the friendliest people we've ever met. The crime none. What a difference from any big city to Driggs. Tetonia has great people, but the atmosphere can seem a little "run down" in some areas. There are a lot of great value properties right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho