Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 05:12 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times

Advertisements

banjomike - the people of Idaho can be very helpful to ones in need. I will never forget the time our son's car broke down on I-90 on the way to CDA. He was just past that State of Idaho white building as you start going up 4th of July Pass. He blew a tire. He had his cellphone onboard and called us. I started up the Mitsu Lancer GTS and headed west from Kellogg to go help him change into his spare tire and such.

Well, when I got there a stranger (homestate Idahoan) was helping him swap out to his spare. By the time I arrived on the scene there was only 5 minutes of work left on the emergency situation and we were all on our way. But things like that don't go unnoticed. He knows who he is but more importantly, the Man upstairs knows who he is. Idaho is filled with people like this and, along with it's wonderful beauty, make the State of Idaho a place forever etched upon my mind in its importance.

Thank you, banjomike, for all of your contributions to this wonderful thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 10:56 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevpu1967 View Post
Don't blink. Before you know it, it will be 4 1/2 years later.
Great response, chevpu I need to learn more about you and so many others I've not yet followed.

My Moderator friend who even remembered the name of the thread essentially saying regardless of other things he had to address or review, he tried to catch this one as often as possible as it w as refreshing to see posters finding GOOD in others. Having visited many other forums in the 4.5 years I've seen some of what he referenced.

It is easy to write posts in a heated discussion that don't differentiate what opinions a person has vs. who the person is.

One thing I've noticed is posters here really do seem to give thoughtful responses. We "old timers" tend to check in with others we've not seen post for a while to make sure the person is okay. I like that.

What would you like to be doing in 4.5 years, chevpu? I congratulate and thank you for adding your humor and a reference of where to look when you have done what you hope during that time

I hope you'll post again chevpu.

MSR

Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 AM

274 posts, read 471,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Great response, chevpu I need to learn more about you and so many others I've not yet followed.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
What would you like to be doing in 4.5 years, chevpu? I congratulate and thank you for adding your humor and a reference of where to look when you have done what you hope during that time
In 4.5 years, I hope to be settled in my new home some place where the grass is green, the trees grow tall, the water flows (on the ground, under the ground, and from the sky), and the mountains are peaceful.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevpu1967 View Post
Thanks.

In 4.5 years, I hope to be settled in my new home some place where the grass is green, the trees grow tall, the water flows (on the ground, under the ground, and from the sky), and the mountains are peaceful.
Sounds great to me. I hope your dream becomes a reality.

MSR

Old 09-10-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
banjomike - the people of Idaho can be very helpful to ones in need. I will never forget the time our son's car broke down on I-90 on the way to CDA. He was just past that State of Idaho white building as you start going up 4th of July Pass. He blew a tire. He had his cellphone onboard and called us. I started up the Mitsu Lancer GTS and headed west from Kellogg to go help him change into his spare tire and such.

Well, when I got there a stranger (homestate Idahoan) was helping him swap out to his spare. By the time I arrived on the scene there was only 5 minutes of work left on the emergency situation and we were all on our way. But things like that don't go unnoticed. He knows who he is but more importantly, the Man upstairs knows who he is. Idaho is filled with people like this and, along with it's wonderful beauty, make the State of Idaho a place forever etched upon my mind in its importance.

Thank you, banjomike, for all of your contributions to this wonderful thread!
Elkotronics,

Both you and Sage wrote such nice posts about Banjo Mike. That was nice of both of you to do. It always tells me more about the person when they can easily find something good about another, including you, Elkotronics..

We keep Mike so busy in the Idaho Falls thread I thought I'd look like a real "Homer" to mention him first.

As others have commented, I too am amazed at Mike's knowledge of the state. There are so many interesting details Mike freely shares in his insightful posts. Like others from NID who have taken the time to better educate us to some of the mysteries and magically qualities of NID, Mike helps to clarify about many questions about all ID.

Thanks for all you do, BanjoMike. You make the ID forum much richer because of your stories and remembering ID's history.

Who can write more about elkotronics and his keen observations? I want to get to know him better. I agree with Idaho having some special people in the state.

Looking forward to learning more. ...

MSR

Old 12-31-2013, 01:21 PM

159 posts, read 305,912 times
I just want to say how much I appreciate all the moderators on here. I found "City Data" about 3 1/2 years ago and have absolutely LOVED reading all the threads about Idaho. Our plans are to move to ID this Spring/ Summer. We would have been there yesterday if we could have been. Anyways, Sage has been such a blessing. Answering many of my questions over the years. Being patient with my ignorance. Thank you Sage. And Banjo Mike is so full of Idaho knowledge it's wonderful! I'm sure you guys get the same questions over and over again, yet you continue to answer them. It means a lot to know that I can get on here with any question and someone will be there to assist. How blessed we are to have you at our fingertips. Thank you!

Old 12-31-2013, 11:41 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memomfive View Post
I just want to say how much I appreciate all the moderators on here. I found "City Data" about 3 1/2 years ago and have absolutely LOVED reading all the threads about Idaho. Our plans are to move to ID this Spring/ Summer. We would have been there yesterday if we could have been. Anyways, Sage has been such a blessing. Answering many of my questions over the years. Being patient with my ignorance. Thank you Sage. And Banjo Mike is so full of Idaho knowledge it's wonderful! I'm sure you guys get the same questions over and over again, yet you continue to answer them. It means a lot to know that I can get on here with any question and someone will be there to assist. How blessed we are to have you at our fingertips. Thank you!
Aww, shucks. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 PM

Default You Deserve It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Thanks for your help keeping all of us playing nice on the playground

Happy New Year!

MSR

Old 01-03-2014, 03:41 PM

159 posts, read 305,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
You've earned them !

Old 04-18-2021, 02:04 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Thumbs up Reviving this thread in honor of MSR and her positive outlook

In CD good thoughts never die (we hope), so I am reviving this wonderful, upbeat thread created by one of our very active and highly respected members whom we lost some years ago, Mountain States Resident.

I think it would be a great tribute to her if we would continue the thread with kudos to our posters--veterans as well as newcomers--who share positive messages and valuable responses on a regular basis (even if they have already been mentioned in the old thread).

Let me start by giving kudos to Banjomike for his fantastic posts--his knowledge of Idaho history and his superb writing talent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho