Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM

3 posts, read 12,810 times

Advertisements

My friend and i are looking to rent a cabin somewhere in Idaho this summer, but where? We want to be secluded; close to mnt. biking trails, and kayaking spots. The problem is that we're finding rates for cabins to be expensive. Can anyone suggest what location we should start looking in and how we should go about our search for that great little cabin escape?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 7,887 times
Default Cabins

If your willing to drive a bit further East, there is an awesome place in Montana, near Libby. Moose Ridge Lodge has cabins and is a bed and breakfast, it is secluded in the Kootenai Forest, but is really close to rafting, hiking, fishing, swimming all kinds of stuff. I stayed there for 3 days and didn't want to leave. Check out their website, and take a camera.

http://www.mooseridgemontana.com

P.S. The owners are really cool people who will go out of their way to make sure your stay is memorable.

Good Luck!

Raven

Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM

396 posts, read 1,630,512 times
Default Best place in the world....

And no I'm not biased. I just made our reservation at Redfish Lake. Stanley is the most beautiful place you will visit and the staff at their lodge (plus they have a gob of cabins) is AWESOME!! We go every year.
www.redfishlake.com

Old 04-20-2007, 11:17 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,895,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbywyn View Post
My friend and i are looking to rent a cabin somewhere in Idaho this summer, but where? We want to be secluded; close to mnt. biking trails, and kayaking spots. The problem is that we're finding rates for cabins to be expensive. Can anyone suggest what location we should start looking in and how we should go about our search for that great little cabin escape?
That is funny, you asked about Idaho and somebody mentioned Montana. Doesn't Montana have it's own thread???

Check this resort out online.Tamarack is a four seasons resort, and is within a few hours drive of Boise and the drive is very pretty all of the way. I have visited and the area has many lakes, is forested, there are other resorts and quaint old logging towns that are fun to explore. Kayaking and mountain biking are huge in this area. This area is also in sight of one of the largest wilderness areas in the lower 48 states.
My understanding is that this resort is becoming the place to vacation to.

www.tamarackidaho.com

Old 04-20-2007, 12:17 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,024 times
My choice would be Stanley for sure. Redfish Lake would be a great option or there a few private homes/cabins that are rented. You may check Stanley's Chamber website for rental information. I am counting down the days till school is out and we are in Stanley!

Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 AM

26 posts, read 173,091 times
Check and see what is in the Island Park area. Harriman state park is a pretty area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho