Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:38 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times

Advertisements

We can all talk till we're red in the face.. Im tired of addressing this issue myself. Maybe its a good thing Id has this reputation if for no other reason than keeping people from finding out what a great place it is and FLOCKING here..

BTW I just shaved my head...... Does that make me a skinhead?LOL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,977 times
No, shaving your head makes you a you a cool dude like me.... I had the toilet bowl cut at 25 and decided to shave it. I am 56 now do the math.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,276,566 times
My philosophy is simple; I don't give a bleep what bleeping color you are, just don't act like a bleeping bleeper.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:23 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
My philosophy is simple; I don't give a bleep what bleeping color you are, just don't act like a bleeping bleeper.

HAHAHA We need to make that into a T-shirt El!!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
BTW I just shaved my head...... Does that make me a skinhead?LOL...
That's nothing... you still need an unyielding bitter expression on your face, tattoos that look like they were designed by a 12-year-old, and meth mouth. Only then will you be ready to join the ranks of "superior" Aryan brethren...

Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Hell yeah... a lesson for everyone: if you act like a bleeping bleeper, don't be surprised when people bleep with you. If you assume others are bleeping bleepers, don't be surprised if they choose not to bother with the effort it takes to prove you wrong.

Take our recent courthouse shooter down here in Vegas, for instance. Talk about entitlement giving way to delusions of persecution...

Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times
It is interesting that blueshogun96 has never responded back in this thread and this person has nearly 10 new posts in other threads after creating this one
strange.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
It is interesting that blueshogun96 has never responded back in this thread and this person has nearly 10 new posts in other threads after creating this one
strange.
Yeah, a wise friend once told me that some people convince themselves that their reflection is ugly, and then they're nevertheless surprised and indignant when it glares back at them.

That takes a double meaning in both how we interact with others socially (think of the Buddhist infinite mirror analogy) and how we relate with our own subjective experience introspectively (think the psychology of Jung), and both meanings now seem to apply since those of us who gave the OP the benefit of the doubt can't even get some reciprocation for our feedback. Silence reeks of entitlement and presumption and that's a good thing to remember among circles that value respect for our fellow humans. When you incite a discussion, you don't close your mind to the well-meaning answers just because you didn't like some stern answers. That just comes across as bitter contempt, which is never an acceptable thing to make apparent in demeanor (except among bigots, really...). If this OP came to Idaho, I think he'd have trouble fitting in, but the social chasm wouldn't be racial or ethnic.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM

In case the OP's still lurking and just innocently shy after receiving stern responses (and for any lurkers who come to this thread for answers), here's a link to one of my favorite responses I offered to a very similar question in another thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...l#post10682932

The OP in that thread was exemplary in his initial question and responses, too. If you give his statements a read, it is apparent the sort of presentation and social demeanor that many of us Idahoans will welcome in a kind manner instead of a stern one. He was pretty much asking the same question for the same reason, but if you can pick up the differences in his presentation and learn from them, you won't have to worry about putting people off if/when you find yourself in Idaho.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:26 PM

177 posts, read 266,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG View Post
What an absolutely ridiculous initial post. As a Jew who lives in small town Idaho nothing could be further from the truth. But Jesse Jackson refers to NYC as "Hymie town". Who's the racist?? A much higher percentage of "racists" live in blue states and many of them are *of color*.
Forgive me for jumping in on a Idaho thread This statement is very true!

I've spent some time in Idaho and live in another Red State.. It is funny how outsiders like to tell others 'how racist they are' when it's the bigot making the claim!

Good day to Y'all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho