Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 08:37 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Vaun Ward (R): Vaughn Ward - Vaughn Ward for Congress - Idaho 1st District

I'm impressed with his background in the military:

Quote:
...He was in Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2001 and decided that after receiving his degree in the spring of 2002, he needed to delay his move back home in order to serve his nation once more during a time of war. He went on to join the CIA where he was trained as an Operations Officer and served in the Middle East, Africa, and Washington, D.C. He worked closely with senior government officials from the U.S. and multiple foreign countries to combat the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

In January 2006, Vaughn took a leave of absence from the CIA and volunteered to serve on active duty with the Marines for a tour in Iraq. He assumed command of Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 25th Marines. Major Ward led his men through a combat tour in Fallujah, Al-Anbar Province, Iraq, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. For his actions, Vaughn was awarded the Bronze Star with Combat V (Valor).

Raul Labrador (R): Raul Labrador - Conservative for Congress

He is an immigration attorney, and I have been led to believe that he had defended illegal immigrants. Though I like what his web site has to say and I see no mention of this career on it.

Walt Minnick (D): Congressman Walt Minnick, Representing the 1st District of Idaho

While a Democrat, I believe he's solidly in the "blue dog" catagory. IIRC he voted against the stimulus bill, cap and trade and the house health care proposal. I haven't seen any votes from him that I would regard as a negative. However, in each of these cases, the issue was "decided" without his vote, there is concern how he would vote on a close race.

I know very little about any of these candidates. If anyone has any more experience with these men, or know more of their background, please post. And please, lets keep it polite and focused on educating others, not a rehash of conservative vs. liberal politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,861 times
Raul is an immigration attorney and helps those here legally on temporary visas become legal citizens through the correct process. He is not in favor of amnesty as his opponents have occasionally alluded to.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,844 times
I live in district 14 which Raul represents. I have been impressed with his voting record in the legislature and his fight for smaller government. I also live near Vaughn Ward in Eagle. He is renting that house and owns a house in Virginia. He also has no experience and all his money is coming from New York, DC, and other out of state locations. I don't see him beating Minnick and his money machine. I will be voting for Raul Labrador!

Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Thanks guys, informative first posts. I have no ax to grind for or against any of the candidates, just looking to learn and cast an educated vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: