Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:49 PM

563 posts, read 519,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why would you want to call me names? Because you got wound up writing about an issue that upsets you?

Thank you for the detailed reply, but it's still kind of fuzzy as to what you want to take it back to, and how you intend to untangle the knots that have been tied and retied globally through the years.
Upset? Not at all. Pissed Off is more like it. Why would I call you names? I'll leave that for you to figure out.

Fuzzy? How? Start at the top and get someone in office that cares and will do something to help the country. Get this putz out of office and someone who will stand behind what he/she says.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 PM

563 posts, read 519,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
For me I think it may be the same as when Obama claimed he was "hope and change", you can ask a similar question...What do you want changed?

I want the POTUS to listen to the people and be that glass window that was promised.

I want the two sides working together for the betterment of the COUNTRY not their re-election, party affiliation, or highest bidder.

I want a balanced budget not runaway spending.

I want secure borders and I want people to come to America legally.

If you are here illegally, I want you out, then you can come back the legal way.

I do not want bills passed that the country is not for.

I do not want a POTUS finding every trick in the book to enact his agenda.

I want the wars we are fighting to be fought to win or get out.

I want the POTUS to figure out how to get America to work again.

I do not want the Government bailing out any company.

I want the government to follow the Constitution and the laws not figure out ways around them.

I want the POTUS to act like a POTUS.

I want full and complete vetting of all elected and appointed positions so the whole Country will know what it is getting.

I am sure I can think of more but this will do for now.

<*))>< TG
Beautifully said!!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,192,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Okay, it started before Obama but he's pushed this liberal agenda way too far.
And we want our country back means getting it back to the conservative principals.
Who are they?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,192,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Upset? Not at all. Pissed Off is more like it. Why would I call you names? I'll leave that for you to figure out.
Okay. My guess is that you got angry while you were writing and you wanted to take your anger out on someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Fuzzy? How? Start at the top and get someone in office that cares and will do something to help the country. Get this putz out of office and someone who will stand behind what he/she says.
Great explanation. Thanks!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Who are they?
Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter

Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Be careful of this folks...all of a sudden Congress is waking up and worried Obama will do a blanket amnesty ?

This sounds like a temporary shift of the problem from Congress to the WH.
Congress is worried about a rumor ?

I wouldn't go cheering Congress just yet..remember elections are coming up.
These Congressmen WANT you to be cheering them; they WANT you to send them back to DC.

They've pulled a quick ones before and I wouldn't be surprised to hear the rumor has no meat.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,323,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Be careful of this folks...all of a sudden Congress is waking up and worried Obama will do a blanket amnesty ?

These Congressmen WANT you to be cheering them; they WANT you to send them back to DC.

They've pulled a quick ones before and I wouldn't be surprised to hear the rumor has no meat.

Never trust a liberal is the way to go.

Especially the worse congress in history teamed with the worse Presidunce in history.

They cannot be trusted at all.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

And like I've said before, people should remind themselves to not hold their breaths for the GOP to do anything. They will not solve any problem until we demand them to. If we elect them and go back to our beer and football/baseball lives, then they'll just sit on their thumbs like they have back when they were the majority.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:21 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,735,806 times
The illegal immigration forum is not a place for your political wars, as it seems immigration was only a pretext to rant about how good/bad Obama is. For all kinds of political fighting, go next door to the Politics forum.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.