Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,464,731 times

Advertisements

Oh enough of this crap period. If obama did do this, i have very little now, i would have absoutely no respect for this President. None, and yes i for one would want him impeached. At this point, if he did, and so many sat still and said nothing, who are the fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,755,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Only the heel dragging Republicans have an agenda that isn't in America's best interest but I waste my time sharing that with you and all the other Repub's on CD.
Yes, because the Democrat's call for Amnesty for 20 million plus illegal aliens is certainly in the best interests of America's 15 million plus unemployed and under-employed.

Sometimes I wonder if some people on this forum even completed so much as a fifth grade math class......

Old 07-02-2010, 09:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Only the heel dragging Republicans have an agenda that isn't in America's best interest but I waste my time sharing that with you and all the other Repub's on CD.
The members of Congress on both sides of the aisle are complicit. They simply have different agendas. Anyone who believes this is a partisan issue among the constituency is either delusional or seriously misinformed. I am an Independent (former Dem) and I know as many Democrat and Independent opponents of illegal immigration/amnesty as Republican. Sorry, but this is one issue that is not liberal vs. conservative, or right vs. left.

Furthermore, none of us can brag on our so-called representatives, because, by and large, they are ALL in bed with big business and the cheap labor industry. We pay the price for millions of illegal aliens, while our traitorous “leaders” profit. It’s sickening. How anyone can applaud this is way beyond my realm of comprehension.

Perhaps you will enlighten us on how Obama or other Democrats in government have an agenda vis-a-vis illegal immigration that IS in America’s best interest. Before you accuse me of being an Obama-basher/hater, I voted for him and generally support him, but we part ways on illegal immigration. If this is his idea of “change” I am sorry I voted for him.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:02 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,755,698 times
"The biggest problem we're facing right now has to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not going through Congress at all. And that's what I intend to reverse when I'm President of the United States." ~ Barack Obama, March 31, 2008

Old 07-03-2010, 01:45 PM

27,180 posts, read 15,359,752 times
There out of his own mouth he acknowleded that he knows what's right and evidence that he does just the opposite of it.

It's a pretty common occurence though.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:12 AM

10 posts, read 17,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
But....but....according to a certain Peggy West of Milwaulkee there are already National Guard troops on the border in Arizona..........
But Peggy West also didn't think that Arizona is a border state.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:17 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo View Post
But Peggy West also didn't think that Arizona is a border state.
Maybe it was the border with Texas?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:23 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
Quote:
How can people be so blind? How do people not notice what the party of their choosing has done or isn't doing?
What have the democrats done about the problem? Why must border security hinge upon an amnesty? Why must it be my way or the highway?
Do people really think that rewarding illegals is the right way to go? Have people learned nothing? Do you reward your child for intensionally breaking your rules? If you catch your son driving your car without a license or permission do you then buy him his own car?
Granting amnesty or doing what Obama suggests is just that a reward.
He says end of the line. But they get to stay. Thats a head of the line pass if there ever was one.
Obama says they will pay back taxes. How do we know what their back taxes actually are? Do we trust the integrety of someone who didn't respect us enough to obey our laws to begin with?
He says they will have to follow the rules of all legal applicants. Legal applicants must apply for their Visa in country of origin.
Is there anything he said that is true?
I welcome you to share what you have as long as its balanced and accurate. By this I mean that you also talk about how little the democrats have done. You will find that neither party has done much to secure our border or enforce our immigration laws. If you read the many posts on here you would have seen this fact called out many many times.
Why would anyone sign on to such a pack of lies?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
If they had to follow the rules all legal immigrants do, the vast majority wouldn't be eligible - that's WHY they come here illegally in the first damn place..............

JHC...........

Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
If they had to follow the rules all legal immigrants do, the vast majority wouldn't be eligible - that's WHY they come here illegally in the first damn place..............

JHC...........
ROFL very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration