Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 07:25 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,657,840 times

Advertisements

Yet another czar pawn of Obama; this time, it's in our department...ICE. Hurtt is pro-illegal alien.

FOXNews.com - White House Picks Critic of Local Immigration Enforcement for Key Role at ICE

Friggin' great - now we will see even more of illegals loitering the sidewalks of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,649,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Yet another czar pawn of Obama; this time, it's in our department...ICE. Hurtt is pro-illegal alien.

FOXNews.com - White House Picks Critic of Local Immigration Enforcement for Key Role at ICE

Friggin' great - now we will see even more of illegals loitering the sidewalks of America.
Why am I not surprised...

Old 06-24-2010, 09:05 PM

364 posts, read 244,882 times
Quote:

obama will start kissin american ass soon imho
look at his poll numbrs now
read that he will flip flop
about ilegal aliens

Old 06-24-2010, 09:46 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,854,647 times
Fitting the link is to Foxnews as this is putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,773,173 times
From the article:

Kelly Nantel, a spokeswoman for ICE, told FoxNews.com that Hurtt has always been a proponent of the jail model of the 287(g) program, which gives local police authority to initiate deportation proceedings against illegal immigrants linked to serious crimes -- but as a police chief, he didn't favor more proactive local enforcement because he didn't believe it was the best utilization of his resources.
"I think the critics are only talking about half of what he said," she said. "He's always been a strong proponent of every law enforcement agency making those decision on their own."

I'll reserve my opinion until I know more about the man. I do like Obama and I would hope that he has chosen someone who will enforce the laws against illegals.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,563,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
from the article:

I'll reserve my opinion until i know more about the man. I do like obama and i would hope that he has chosen someone who will enforce the laws against illegals.

he supports sanctuary cities! What else do you need to know??

Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,981,062 times
Quote:

Wouldn't it be funny if all these pro illegal-alien supporters were hit by a drunk driver who was an illegal? Guess what! The police won't touch them!

Old 06-26-2010, 05:05 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,383,719 times
Hurtt is being sued by widow whose husband was killed by an illegal.
FOXNews.com - Widow of Houston Officer Killed by Illegal Immigrant 'Shocked' at ICE Appointment

Old 06-26-2010, 05:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
From the article:

Kelly Nantel, a spokeswoman for ICE, told FoxNews.com that Hurtt has always been a proponent of the jail model of the 287(g) program, which gives local police authority to initiate deportation proceedings against illegal immigrants linked to serious crimes -- but as a police chief, he didn't favor more proactive local enforcement because he didn't believe it was the best utilization of his resources.
"I think the critics are only talking about half of what he said," she said. "He's always been a strong proponent of every law enforcement agency making those decision on their own."

I'll reserve my opinion until I know more about the man. I do like Obama and I would hope that he has chosen someone who will enforce the laws against illegals.
What is it you like about BO? He's the first Black President?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:37 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,989,708 times
That is just goignto work aginst him because its rallys the people aginst it which we saw is very efcective the last time a mansty bill was brought up.They are going little enforcement how and at soem point;so more border states will start enforcing the law like Ariziona. That puts him in a spot of violating the law by offical suppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration