Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
"Their easy banter, mostly in Spanish, quickly turns to tears when they're asked about their impending separation. Ruiz and Suriano have pleaded with Arias to follow them to New Mexico."

Figures. NM, TX and CA all need to draft similar laws, period. They also are not going to find the number of jobs here in NM that they will in other states, including TX, which has been overrun with them for YEARS.

In fact, all <TIC> 57 <TIC/off> states need to just borrow AZ's law and put it into effect.
Are you kidding me, those in power in my state of California, are too stupid and dumb to draft similar laws, infact those in power in my State, needs their ----- kicked out of office they are part of the problem. Can't get any worse then the bozos we alredy have in office, we possibly cannot. Pelosi and others in office here in Calif have sticks up their arses, do something for the good of the State, what are you kidding! I am not affected in O.C. or my home in Murietta, we also own a home in Canyon Crest, which is a nice area, but there are many cities that probably are really taken a hit with illegals, i just would never live in one of them. Sorry i would not. I have realtives who live in many different States, and they complain about illegals of some sort where they live, something needs to be done now, Arizona thank you, now the rest of us need to get on board the train, no excuses.Or do we want to deal with this problem the rest of our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,896,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Are you kidding me, those in power in my state of California, are too stupid and dumb to draft similar laws, infact those in power in my State, needs their ----- kicked out of office they are part of the problem. Can't get any worse then the bozos we alredy have in office, we possibly cannot. Pelosi and others in office here in Calif have sticks up their arses, do something for the good of the State, what are you kidding! I am not affected in O.C. or my home in Murietta, we also own a home in Canyon Crest, which is a nice area, but there are many cities that probably are really taken a hit with illegals, i just would never live in one of them. Sorry i would not. I have realtives who live in many different States, and they complain about illegals of some sort where they live, something needs to be done now, Arizona thank you, now the rest of us need to get on board the train, no excuses.Or do we want to deal with this problem the rest of our lives.
Oh, I believe you--and I agree with you.

But those leaving AZ are going to further overrun Texas when they find out that there are so few jobs in New Mexico.

Or...our pro-illegal alien governor will welcome them with open arms....

Old 06-29-2010, 06:08 PM

50,478 posts, read 47,219,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyehard39 View Post
Legal and illegals are leaving.
I'm guessing anyone who has an anchor child. This has been going on for far too long. The kid is legal but most of the families are mixed due the criminal behavior of the Adults.

The Illegal Aliens are moving with their "legal" anchor kids. That's it in a nutshell.

Or, they are moving their entire family even the ones "amnestied" in the 80's. Talk about a mistake of the 80's.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:15 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,876,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really? Why would a legal hispanic want to live in a state where they can be subjected to humiliation just because a cop suspects they are "illegal" just by their looks? I'm hispanic (not Mexican) but I wouldn't want to live in such a draconian state.
TOTAL FAIL !!!!

Why don't you ask the MILLIONS of Amercans of Hispanic Ancestry that are staying? I'm sure they don't agree with you whatsoever.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:32 PM

186 posts, read 219,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Yes they do contribute to the tax base. School taxes are raised through property taxes. Whether a person rents or owns they are living in a property that pays school taxes.
Sounds massive. Except factor in that a large segment of illegals are sharing one property en masse- as in, 10 men to a room in a 1 bedroom apartment, or a family of 8 in a 1Br apartment. I have a relative who works in the housing department so I know this to be in true in places.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM

186 posts, read 219,458 times
Quote:
How do they know? I mean there's no way to tell, right? So how do they really know the legal American citizens are leaving?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM

202 posts, read 485,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really? Why would a legal hispanic want to live in a state where they can be subjected to humiliation just because a cop suspects they are "illegal" just by their looks? I'm hispanic (not Mexican) but I wouldn't want to live in such a draconian state.

Well this is what it has come to..drastic measures. I just hope they all run back to Mexico, and not up here to New England. We got enough here.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,923,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susangggg View Post
How do they know? I mean there's no way to tell, right? So how do they really know the legal American citizens are leaving?
I'd like to know that too. I hear all kinds of 'rumors' but how do you prove/disprove? Maybe there's a roadblock somewhere and someone is taking a poll??? My 5th generation Mexican-American cousins aren't leaving. They were born and raised here, married and raising their families here...it's home. Although, there probably are legals here who also have illegal family here and they are leaving together. That wouldn't be any kind of surprise.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,454,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I'd like to know that too. I hear all kinds of 'rumors' but how do you prove/disprove? Maybe there's a roadblock somewhere and someone is taking a poll??? My 5th generation Mexican-American cousins aren't leaving. They were born and raised here, married and raising their families here...it's home. Although,
Quote:
there probably are legals here who also have illegal family here and they are leaving together.
That wouldn't be any kind of surprise.
If so....so be it.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:

It is good to get the legal non-believers out too. They are the reason there are illegals. They are the encouragement to come here and trespass.
Until unemployment numbers come down, I'm all for no legal immigration. Yet to this day legal immigrants with proper visas, are coming in record numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration