Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:30 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,264,759 times

Advertisements

I wish I could find the link to the story... I don't have cable so it had to be PBS, CBS, ABC, or may be NBC but I don't watch NBC to much...or a local channel..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 04:46 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,610,240 times
So what do you think will happen to the cost of fruit and vegies if all illegals were gone? And do you really think Americans will step up and do that back breaking work for minimum wage or lower?

Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So what do you think will happen to the cost of fruit and vegies if all illegals were gone? And do you really think Americans will step up and do that back breaking work for minimum wage or lower?
Out of the 12 million illegals very few of them work in the fields...

There needs to be a worker program that allows them in during the harvest season and send them home when it's over... And this is only if no American can found to do it...

And Not all field work is back breaking......Hell, I picked green beans in Oregon when I was a kid for a penny a pound... I loaded wet bales of fresh cut hay in north Texas for 10¢ a bale at 16.... All Americans are NOT lazy.....

Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
There are unlimited visas for legal immigrant farm workers so there is no excuse to hire illegal aliens except for bigger profits. There would be no need for most Americans to "step up" and do that work (but many would anyway) under the above scenario.

As for the costs of produce rising the farmers can only sell their produce at fair market value and what Americans would be willing to pay for it. It has never been about higher costs without illegal alien pickers but higher profits for the farmers. You are just another pro-illegal believing the propaganda that has been fed to you.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
was on television this weekend saying that the American economy would collapse if we deported all 12 million illegals...

http://wtpotus.files.wordpress.com/2...les-rangel.jpg

Now my question is would that not open up 12 million jobs for out of work Americans?

I can't find a link to the show he was on..I think it was on Sunday...
Lets see, you dont know the photo is of Chalie Rangle D-NY.
You dont know what news show he was on.

and...you believe that Deportation en masse would free-up 12 million jobs overnight?

Even if every current LEO in this nation we deputized and worked exclusively on mass deportations, how many years would you think it would take to deport 12 million people?

Charlie Rangle may be an Idiot, but many on both sides have not looked at this issue clearly.

Quote:
Now my question is would that not open up 12 million jobs for out of work Americans?

Old 07-04-2010, 06:05 PM

244 posts, read 815,545 times
Illegal immigration should have been dealt with years ago. It never should have been allowed in the first place. What other country gives free incentives to those who are there illegally? Makes no sense.

Last edited by Caramelboo; 07-04-2010 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Took out the cussing...sorry!

Old 07-04-2010, 06:14 PM

364 posts, read 244,969 times
Quote:
either tha employers pay up or else
if they are that hard up
visas for ppl from mexico haiti etc
i aint worried

Old 07-04-2010, 06:15 PM

364 posts, read 244,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

and...you believe that Deportation en masse would free-up 12 million jobs overnight?

Even if every current LEO in this nation we deputized and worked exclusively on mass deportations, how many years would you think it would take to deport 12 million people?

Charlie Rangle may be an Idiot, but many on both sides have not looked at this issue clearly.
unemployment has been cut off
for tha long termers
maybe they can work
either that or they starv

Old 07-04-2010, 06:56 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

As was pointed out before, there is no need to mass deport. With e-verify in place, removing all other incentives to remain here or to come here such as benefits and birthright citizenship most would self-deport and the number entering would be cut down to a trickle. Finishing the fence and placing the military on our borders would stop it in its tracks.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:46 PM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Out of the 12 million illegals very few of them work in the fields...

There needs to be a worker program that allows them in during the harvest season and send them home when it's over... And this is only if no American can found to do it...

And Not all field work is back breaking......Hell, I picked green beans in Oregon when I was a kid for a penny a pound... I loaded wet bales of fresh cut hay in north Texas for 10¢ a bale at 16.... All Americans are NOT lazy.....
Yup, I chucked alfalfa bales for much of my life for free since I was raised on a farm. I was expected to do it so we could eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration