Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:49 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,002,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Free medical care, welfare, food stamps, free education for the kids, amnesty from the Obamameister etc.
The Republicans do the same thing. We have to realise that this is a movement in our political system that gets pushed regardless of the party. It is to lower our salaries and to help major business interests. I think Obama is a bad president, too, but McCain was the Republican point man for promoting illegals when he was running. We would have gotten this situation regardless of party.

We need public funding of campaigns so politicians do not have to raise money from these business interests. The public still owns the airwaves. No private contributions to candidates. This can be done because electioneering can be done through the media and not flying from state to state.

Look at jobs outsourced, and the current financial recession and the tainted foodstuff and non-inspection for mad cow, etc, etc, - all due to government caving to mega business.

We need politicians who represent citizens and the only hope of getting that is not through a particular party, because everyone has a price, but through politicians not needing business in order to be elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 04:59 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,002,355 times
This is an invasion, pure and simple. The main enemy is politicians, because the system pushes them into catering to the needs of big business and not citizens. The illegals are just victims - we must get rid of them, but they are pawns in the game for more corporate profits.

I read someone mentioning how desperate these poor souls are that they risk life and limb to get here. People so desperate also don't care if they break the law. How did the drug cartels get gangs formed over in the U.S? Mostly from desperate people.

Such a drain on the economy, while our own people are suffering. So many hospitals forced to close, so our own poor have no where to turn. So many teachers laid off which gives an inferior education to our own kids.

Our politicians must be forced into thinking of our people and our country first, and not the needs of international corporations.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:28 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,853,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDollie View Post
Penis Implants?
Got to have one of those senor. Maybe they can use one from someone that didn't want one and got it lopped off. Everyone should have a free sex change ....Obama.....

Old 07-18-2010, 07:42 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
The glee demonstrated on this board over deaths is truly disgusting. Not very Christian at all.
Truly?

I don't see glee.

I see frustrated sarcasm over a situation that even the President, the great Hispanic Hope himself, seems unwilling to stop.

Do you not get that if these people were not acting in a lawless manner, that they would not be dead? Where is the personal responsibility for their deaths, Tuco? They understood the risks and the fact that they were breaking U.S. law when they made the decision to hike across the desert.

Personally, I think it's sad when anyone dies of stupidity. But there has to be an understanding that if they had not attempted to break the law, they would still be alive.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:27 AM

472 posts, read 742,152 times
Simple soulution: If you don't go into the desert you won't die in the desert.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

The number of illegal immigrants dying trying to cross the Arizona desert near Tuscon is so high this month that the medical examiner's office has been forced to find alternate storage options for some of the bodies.

Mexico needs to be reporting this to their people. Maybe more of them would stay in their own country instead of risking their lives.
I agree and my heart goes out to them and their families. Yes, I am one of the strongest supporters of closing the borders, sending them all back to Mexico and cutting off all government assistance, but I don't want to see anyone die, especially such a horrible death.

tuco, you are misunderstanding the responders< it is out of pure frustation they are mking the comments they are and to make matters worse, the entire blame for what is happening needs to be shared by those who are crossing illegally and the Mexican government.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 07-18-2010 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-18-2010, 10:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I thought they were coming here for the jobs? Since we don't have any right now, why are they coming here?
to get better welfare assistance than they were getting in Mexico.

Nita

Old 07-18-2010, 12:19 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,912,049 times
I doubt that Mexicans would be boo hooing if US citizens were sneaking across the desert into Mexico to get "better lives" and "welfare". Mexicans would be peeing in their pants if US citizens wandered in and demanded jobs, and benefits with amnesty. US illegal alien dies in desert trek. Think the Mexican flag would fly at half staff ?

Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM

9,929 posts, read 13,939,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
How about a big crematorium ? And billboards stating "You illegals think the desert is hot ? Consider this ! "

This is repulsive!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
This is repulsive!
Well since they and their supporters think that the enforcement of our immigration laws equates to Nazism perhaps they should learn the difference between a crematorium used on the Jews and risking your OWN life to enter our country illegally through a burning desert. They aren't the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration