Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
Illegal immigration down dramatically - Washington Times

thats my source, wheres yours?
the number is 11 million.

the answer to your first question... the same reason inmates in LA county jail serve about 15 percent of their time. limited resources.

they are still criminals. charged and convicted of a crime (i.e. DUI, theft)that requires a minimum sentence. they get out of jail early. why? to make room for the killers and more serious offenders.

limited resources. thats it.
Your comparison of early release for a citizen lawbreaker vs an illegal alien lawbreaker holds no merit. The citizen isn't subject to deportation for his crime an illegal alien is.

You know there are many sources that claim there is between 20-30 million illegals in this country. Do you really want me to drag those stats out again? They have all been posted in here before. It was claimed that there were 12 million illegals in our country years ago. How could that number not have increased? Do the math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 04:40 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
no, im saying that resources are limited.
i have provided two parallel examples where the effects of a poor economy are seen/felt. inmates in county jails and ICE detainees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Are you saying that the illegal migrants use up our limited social service resources in emergency health care, free education and free food stamps for their children? Is this why the inmates are being furloughed early?

And if so, should these criminals send their thank-you card to the illegal migrants or Obama?

Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM

provide a source from a reputable body/think tank on those numbers. yes, thats what i expect.

and the comparison CAN be drawn between the two legal and non legal detainees. the common thread is a bare-bones system depleted by the economic crisis/situation. money is limited. resources are streched. it is felt at all levels of enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Your comparison of early release for a citizen lawbreaker vs an illegal alien lawbreaker holds no merit. The citizen isn't subject to deportation for his crime an illegal alien is.

You know there are many sources that claim there is between 20-30 million illegals in this country. Do you really want me to drag those stats out again? They have all been posted in here before. It was claimed that there were 12 million illegals in our country years ago. How could that number not have increased? Do the math.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
no, im saying that resources are limited.
i have provided two parallel examples where the effects of a poor economy are seen/felt. inmates in county jails and ICE detainees.
Fine, streamline the deportation process. All those justice department resources being used against Arizona and filing human rights violation reports to the UN could be used to hurry up the deportation process could they not?

I'd bet those unions that receive so many taxpayer dollars have buses and bus drivers. Create some jobs and let them shuttle the illegals back across the borders they crossed. ASAP

While they are at it, has Obama's Auntie who illegally overstayed her visa by more than 4 years been deported back to Kenya or is she still in Boston public housing?

Put those IRS agents at work billing the foreign countries for the expenses incurred by their citizens in the US illegally. Let them work on behalf of the American taxpaying citizen for once instead of against them.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
shall we treat all criminals as such. even petty theives? after all im sure they will graduate to murder in no time.

the law does not work that way. immigration law does not work that way either.
The fact that they are here in violation of our laws is grounds for deportation. Our criminals, when caught, are generally punished. They are not simply released without a hearing.

Furthermore, as previously mentioned, our immigration laws do not distinguish between non-violent and violent illegals. Our laws are deliberately not being enforced.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:13 PM

agreed. but these are special cases of individuals eligible for citizenship.

thats the difference between them and the rest of the illegals.
you have a problem with that, tell the gov't to keep them locked up. they probably cant do that either [legally].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The fact that they are here in violation of our laws is grounds for deportation. Our criminals, when caught, are generally punished. They are not simply released without a hearing.

Furthermore, as previously mentioned, our immigration laws do not distinguish between non-violent and violent illegals. Our laws are deliberately not being enforced.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
they are not releasing violent criminals.

those stay within whatever jurisdiction aprehended them.

an illegal[#1] kills someone in CA. he goes to jail in CA. serves his sentence, gets turned over to the feds for detention and deportation. he will NEVER be eligible for citizenship. away he goes.

an illegal [#2] gets caught up in a work raid. he goes to jail, is determined to be an illegal without any priors, he gets handed over to the feds. where it is determined that he might be eligible for citizenship. he is temporarily let out to make room to hold the illegal alien killer, #1.

they arent letting killers loose.

my concern is how do we track those people who are out pending a court case?
How do we know they aren’t releasing violent criminals if they don’t even have a hearing? Furthermore, some of these so-called hard workers have also later committed murder.

My concern is ALL illegal aliens. They entered this country without authorization, and we have no idea whether they have committed rape or murder in their countries of origin, or whether they will victimize citizens here. They ALL need to leave.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
agreed. but these are special cases of individuals eligible for citizenship.

thats the difference between them and the rest of the illegals.
you have a problem with that, tell the gov't to keep them locked up. they probably cant do that either [legally].
They were NOT “eligible for citizenship.” They are simply here in violation of our laws, and their cases were dismissed. Even their lawyers were shocked that they weren’t deported.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:33 PM

the article says they were potentially eleigible for citizenship.
Quote:
They were NOT “eligible for citizenship.” They are simply here in violation of our laws, and their cases were dismissed. Even their lawyers were shocked that they weren’t deported.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:37 PM

a hearing for what? all those 17k have been processed, tagged, fingerprinted and vetted. they are not releasing killers.

and the argument of them victimizing individuals in the future doesnt stand. we dont hold petty theives in jail because they MIGHT commit furture crimes. it just does not work that way.

the court system is working itself out. i have faith in it.

i nthe future when our economy is healthier let them process as many low life criminals as possible. then let them move on to the repeat offenders- re entries. then to those using fake papers.

im not against this. i am FOR prioritizing threats in a time of limited resources.

Quote:
How do we know they aren’t releasing violent criminals if they don’t even have a hearing? Furthermore, some of these so-called hard workers have also later committed murder.

My concern is ALL illegal aliens. They entered this country without authorization, and we have no idea whether they have committed rape or murder in their countries of origin, or whether they will victimize citizens here. They ALL need to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration