Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,616,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the article says they were potentially eleigible for citizenship.
ALL illegal aliens who do not have a conviction for a violent crime are “eligible for citizenship” according to their amnesty agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 05:42 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,697,614 times
who cares what the agenda is. thats not the current law or policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ALL illegal aliens who do not have a conviction for a violent crime are “eligible for citizenship” according to their amnesty agenda.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,360,620 times
Quote:
a hearing for what? all those 17k have been processed, tagged, fingerprinted and vetted. they are not releasing killers.

and the argument of them victimizing individuals in the future doesnt stand. we dont hold petty theives in jail because they MIGHT commit furture crimes. it just does not work that way.

the court system is working itself out. i have faith in it.

i nthe future when our economy is healthier let them process as many low life criminals as possible. then let them move on to the repeat offenders- re entries. then to those using fake papers.

im not against this. i am FOR prioritizing threats in a time of limited resources.
Limited resources my lilly white @%$. They just don't have their priorities straight. If we can spend billions on a war across the world we certainly can find the money to process illegal aliens quickly for deportation.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM

346 posts, read 711,536 times
So when will Obama release an executive order changing " illegal immigration" to Undocumented Democratication

Old 09-02-2010, 07:42 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,872,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
So when will Obama release an executive order changing " illegal immigration" to Undocumented Democratication
Maybe he'll just revert to Harry Reid's "undocumented Americans"

Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
a hearing for what? all those 17k have been processed, tagged, fingerprinted and vetted. they are not releasing killers.
and the argument of them victimizing individuals in the future doesnt stand. we dont hold petty theives in jail because they MIGHT commit furture crimes. it just does not work that way.

the court system is working itself out. i have faith in it.

i nthe future when our economy is healthier let them process as many low life criminals as possible. then let them move on to the repeat offenders- re entries. then to those using fake papers.

im not against this. i am FOR prioritizing threats in a time of limited resources.
I do not believe for one minute that all of those released have been thoroughly investigated. They may not have convictions for violent crimes in the U.S., but that certainly doesn’t prove they haven’t committed violent crimes prior to entering this country. You don’t actually believe ICE has contacted the governments of the 17,000 released, do you?

Furthermore, taxpayers should not be burdened with footing the bills for these unnecessary procedures. If they are here illegally, they should be deported, period. Why should people who are caught crossing our border illegally receive a hearing? Just send them back.

It certainly doesn’t appear that ICE has our best interest at heart.

Quote:
The records show that from 2007 to 2009, the Department of Homeland Security caught and released 481 illegal aliens from nations designated by the State Department as sponsors of terrorism or “countries of interest.”

The dangerous illegal immigrants remain fugitives whose whereabouts are unknown, according to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) database accessed by the news group.

ICE justifies their release by explaining that the immigration detention system can only accommodate a portion of the 1.6 million aliens being processed in the country. Everyone can’t be detained, so “we have to prioritize who we put in detention,” says an ICE official.
U.S. Releases Hundreds Of Illegal Aliens From Terrorist Nations | Judicial Watch

Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
who cares what the agenda is. thats not the current law or policy.
I certainly care. We should all be concerned when their agenda ignores our laws, and rewards criminals.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 AM

239 posts, read 897,345 times
I would rather have them in some type of prison waiting for their day in court instead of just deporting them. Deport them today and tommorrow they are quickly back in America on the street working in a job they an American could be doing. Being deported means nothng to them, just a bump in the road. Instead, punish them in hard labor for at least a few months before deportation. And enforce a law that says if you are caught in the United States after deportation it will involve prison time.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:13 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,192,211 times
Why do they have to go through the court system.
If they didn't go through the initial steps and procedures to enter legally in the first place, throw their asses out. Or put them in prison and feed them bread and water. Once a day.
Obummer doesn't give a damn about this countrys real citizens.
I thought Dubya was bad. But Obummer is beginning to make Dubya look like FDR.
Obummer would even make Sarah Palin look good at this point. She might not be the brightest star in the galaxy, but she couldn't be any worse than Obummer.
Wouldn't surprise me if he starts using Airforce One to fly them into the country and give them a big White house meal and expensive gifts on their arrival.
Imo, he is a complete waste of a presidency.
The only real original American citizens were the Native American Indians. All the rest of us came from descendants of other countries. And that is what made America. Most of them came here for a better life and worked to achieve that better life and contribute to making the country better through hard work, new ideas, and innovation. What we did to the Native Americans, imo, was atrocious. But that is another thread. Some people were forced to come here to be slave labor. That wasn't right either.
But these illegals who are infiltrating the country today just want the milk and honey at the cost of real citizens. They don't care about this country. They just want everything for nothing. They are leeches. The decent ones who want to come here legaly go through the proper steps. I don't have a problem with that.
And who knows how many illegals are potential terrorists who are slipping through to do us harm or are on an agenda to take over the country.
And Obummer seems to be promoting their cause.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,588,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not only is ICE refusing to arrest so-called “non-criminal” illegals, they are now releasing illegals from jail if they pose no threat.

In other words, all illegal aliens currently in this country who have not been caught committing a violent crime are eligible for amnesty.

Illegal immigrants not accused of crimes may get a break - The Denver Post

What kind of alternate universe are we living in???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration