Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:34 PM

50,616 posts, read 47,460,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
sorry to inform you annie
America's Math and Science Crisis: Losing the Global Edge | Your America | Reader's Digest

China will likely produce six times the number of engineers next year than we will graduate, according to Mike Gibbons of the American Society for Engineering Education. Japan, with half our population, has minted twice as many in recent years.

that battle has been lost to a long time ago and you know why?

defense expenditures, social security, outsourcing,

america needs smart and cheap labor, thats her only chance
Just think how much money we would have for educating our Engineers here if we weren't spending so much on social programs for the invading horde and their offspring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 PM

155 posts, read 174,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Just think how much money we would have for educating our Engineers here if we weren't spending so much on social programs for the invading horde and their offspring.
pretty much because we have an old population
a lot of the people that are here
need to focus on
americas fertility rate,
americas population replacement rate without immigration

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...rce-growth.png
Long Term Growth in US Labor Force | The Big Picture
Don't play politics with immigration - USATODAY.com
Google Image Result for http://www.desertinvasion.us/images/graph1.gif

In the industrialized world, there is only one real bright spot. The United States of America is projected to grow from 300 million today to 400 million by 2050. While the percentage of workers to retirees will be smaller than today, it is manageable. And while the U.S. will be buffeted by the worldwide aging crisis, it will probably come out of it a bigger power than it is today.
How did America do it? One word — immigration. If we relied exclusively on the reproductive rate of the Americans who have been here for generations, we would be facing the same dismal outlook as Japan, Germany or Italy. Most of the increase in our population will come from immigration (who tend to be young), and the children and grandchildren of recent immigrants, legal and illegal.

without immigration from the 1970 residents

america would be a nation of 240 million people going in decline
just like japan have you done any reading regarding japan?

no immigration legal or illegal,
Solving Japan's age-old problem | Money | The Guardian

Other countries are encouraging immigration to solve their demographic woes. But not Japan, which is instead developing an extraordinary array of hi-tech products and services. Much of it looks as fanciful as a 1970s edition of BBC1's Tomorrow's World. But it's a fact that the elderly in Japan control half the country's wealth, and a new "old" economy – dominated by pharmaceuticals, nursing care and medical equipment – is being fashioned around them. What they do now is perhaps a glimpse of what consumer society may look like in Britain when our baby boomers hit their 70s and 80s.

in other words what americans without the immigrants would be doing right now.

I can assure you that illegals from the 1986 amnesty their kids are in iraq or afghanistan right now fighting for our freedom
how much money would you put on your sons or grandchildrens life?
no money of course...correct? then if all the expenses that illegals are creating is the creation of the future workers of america, and front line troops such a big deal?

IRAQ-MEXICO: Mexicans on the Front-Line - IPS ipsnews.net

At least 320,000 U.S. troops have been committed to the war on Iraq, including 60,000 people of Latin American and Caribbean nationality or descent.

The Fallen: A profile of U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan (5/28/04) -- GovExec.com
The great exception, interestingly, is the Marine Corps, the service with the most aggressive warrior culture. Hispanics are slightly over-represented among living Marines, at 13 percent, and startlingly over-represented among the ones who have died, at 18.6 percent. If the archetypal casualty of this war is a white Army GI, a Hispanic Marine Corps rifleman lies close by his side.

Last edited by inturbide1981; 09-14-2010 at 05:03 PM..

Old 09-14-2010, 05:01 PM

and you might say BUT BUT THATS legal immigrants,

well lets see, a lawbraker is a lawbraker correct, thats what you say abouth immigrants that cross the border illegaly, and theres no forgivenes what so ever
even if he pays his taxes, and if the only law he has broken was jumping the border his still a criminal correct.

then what happen to the illegals
of 1986 amnesty to your eyes are they still criminals correct? and their offspring
and their adjust of status relatives?

the issue is contradictory
and WE HAVE SHOWN THAT WERE A GOOD STOCK OF TAXPAYERS, LOYAL TO AMERICA AND
THATS WHAT THE GOVERMNENT IS DOING
all other ethnic groups since they are so advanced economically and
are getting old faster because of their characteristics of valuing higher educations
with the opportunities offer are NOT REPRODUCING

and its not fair to say that hispanics love to reproduce
when whites and everyone else were reproducing when america was a farmers based economy.
we cant compare mexicos or guatemalas fertility rates
to 1960 or 70's to 2010

Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 PM

50,616 posts, read 47,460,002 times
Fertility rate? So, importing stupid, poor people is a solution? Sorry, that's the opposite of a solution.

Intelligent, tax paying people, yes. Peasants? Not a chance. We need people contributing to the tax base not parasites immediately attached to social programs.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Fertility rate? So, importing stupid, poor people is a solution? Sorry, that's the opposite of a solution.

Intelligent, tax paying people, yes. Peasants? Not a chance. We need people contributing to the tax base not parasites immediately attached to social programs.

so on the other articles where I HAVE provided
which proved that
texas and california benefitted from the
1986 amnesty
where hispanics have taken charge
in the adding of workers, and gdp
from 1986 to now doesnt mean anything?

plus read this article (why bother some I think just type illegal illegal no way and dont read them anyway but here it goes.)

The Real High-Tech Immigrant Problem: They're Leaving - NYTimes.com
BBC News - US 'reverse brain drain' to India now in full swing
Economics, not visa headaches, is the main engine of the shift, according to the two-year research project, which surveyed 1,203 Indian and Chinese workers who had studied or worked in the United States for a year or more before returning home. Growing demand for their skills and shining career opportunities back home were cited by 87 percent of the Chinese and 79 percent of the Indians as the major professional reason for returning. Most also cited the lure of being close to family and friends.

According to an industry estimate, more than 60,000 Indian professionals went back to their country last year alone, a majority of them IT professionals.
Shining lights
Years ago, the Silicon Valley beckoned the best IT minds from India.
But the exchange of ideas and innovations after nearly two decades has reversed the trend.
The charm of the US is wearing off. India's own Silicon Valleys are now at the forefront of innovation and they are attracting its shining lights back home from the US.
allAfrica.com: Africa: Why Africa is Losing Its Best (http://allafrica.com/stories/201002170336.html - broken link)
However, the exodus of the best brains, the best educated and the most skilled should also raise a major concern. If our best human talent are staying away from home, how are we going to build capacity to develop our country? For a country suffering from a chronic shortage of skills, it should cause national alarm when its most skilled are surrendered to other nations. Uganda is not alone.
see let me throw you some common sense,
european and japanese highly skilled workers
dont want to come to america, they are the top of the cream in their respective country
and if you bring third world immigrants such as china, india,africa
you get the reversed effect youre looking for.
more poverty, more temptation to move to america.
and those highly skilled foreign workers that learn
the best from american high tech companies
end up leaving america

to fight america business wise
something you stilll dont want, thats what started the whole process
TO MAINTAIN OUR STANDARD OF LIVING
we need workers, we need them young, to unbalance
the aging of these country

Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Brain drain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brain drain is usually regarded as an economic cost, since emigrants usually take with them the fraction of value of their training sponsored by the government or other organizations. It is a parallel of capital flight, which refers to the same movement of financial capital. Brain drain is often associated with de-skilling of emigrants in their country of destination, while their country of emigration experiences the draining of skilled individuals.

either you want the peasents

or america stands stagnated like japan has the past twenty years.
american baby boomers
are retiring at an alarming rate,
theres 52 millions citizens receiving their social security

imagine just imagine
if immigrants had not been added since the 1970's
america would be a country
of 49 million pensioners and 245 million people
in other words
1 pensioner for 5 workers.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:

quick question? did american prior immigrants
highly skilled or were they the poor masses of europe that did not stand a chance to attein a higher standard of living.

second question for you, why did most of our great grandfathers or grandfathers stay and not fixed their country?

third ? why are you asking the modern poor immigrant to do something your forefathers did not achieved?

Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
[LEFT]While most Americans docilely accept 1.2 million legal immigrants into the USA annually, they don’t quite understand the long term ramifications facing their progeny as water, energy and resources exhaust themselves from sheer over-use and over-extension.
That same 1.2 million annual immigration pattern added 100 million in the past 40 years. Continuing that mass immigration guarantees an added 100 million people to the USA by 2035. For all U.S. citizens, it portends a crisis-filled future, i.e., water shortages, energy, accelerating pollution, species extinction, quality of life and many other issues.

Frosty Wooldridge -- United States 2009: Unrestricted Immigration[/LEFT]

Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM

19,930 posts, read 12,226,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I cant believe you are focusing on a misspelled word or the comma not being in the right place during a heated, passionate discussion. You got the gist/meaning of my statements......focus on the discussion, not nitpicking......

I am over 65, put myself through school while rearing 3 kids, by myself. I own my own home and provided somewhat, after all of that, for a retirement that isnt going to happen. I am self employed and work fulltime out of necessity. My avocation is assisting abused and neglected kids. I have seen the times when I didnt know how I was going to take my kids to the doctor or give them lunch money for school. I never EVER asked for any kind of help. They have never been in jail and are successful, middle aged people.
So, until you have traveled down my road, you have no right to patronize me......
AnnieA, you have demonstrated what Americans truly were made of in the past. Sadly, so many have lost a sense of personal responsibility and pride. Unless we find a way to turn this around I do not hold much hope for this country.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
[LEFT]While most Americans docilely accept 1.2 million legal immigrants into the USA annually, they don’t quite understand the long term ramifications facing their progeny as water, energy and resources exhaust themselves from sheer over-use and over-extension.
That same 1.2 million annual immigration pattern added 100 million in the past 40 years. Continuing that mass immigration guarantees an added 100 million people to the USA by 2035. For all U.S. citizens, it portends a crisis-filled future, i.e., water shortages, energy, accelerating pollution, species extinction, quality of life and many other issues.

Frosty Wooldridge -- United States 2009: Unrestricted Immigration[/LEFT]

from your same article
Illegal immigration is at least a step-child of the brain-drain, for it is increasing the economic disparity between national that is the chief impetus behind this phenomenon,” Tanton said. “The world population problem cannot be solved by mass international migration. If developed nations took in the annual growth of the less developed, nations, they would have to accommodate 53 million persons annually. This would give them an annual growth rate of 6.3 percent and a doubling time of eleven years. In the face of this impossibility, the main avenue open for the develop nations to help the less developed ones is to restrict their own growth and tow seek to apply the resources thus conserved to the solution of the problems of the less developed nations.”

it talks about the problem of population growth but doesnt suggest the
alternatives

train their workforces even more to be more productive, and their women entering the phase of being
a business womean instead of a house wife making babies
which is occuring at this moment around the world

Birth Rate, Crude per 1,000 people (1960) by country

in 1960
birth rate per 1000 inhabitants
Mexico 45
Brazil 42.45
costa rica 51.38
USA 23.7

now in 2005 birth rate per 1000 inhabitants
Mexico 18.4
Brazil 19.4
Costa rica 16.5
USA 14
ITALY 9.5
JAPAN 8.41
GERMANY 8.4

SEE THOSE STATISTICS? that diffrence
between japan germany and the usa
is almost 7

and thats whats keeping america young and competitive sorrounded by
countries that are highly competitive
and bigger workforces if you combined them together.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration