Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 PM

256 posts, read 287,462 times

Advertisements

Border Patrol: Agents return fire into Mexico after coming under attack during drug bust

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/13/border-patrol-agents-return-mexico-coming-attack-drug-bust/

Paraphrased:

September 13, 2010

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS – The Border Patrol was attacked with gunfire from the Mexican side of the border. It is not know whether any perpetrators were hit in the gunfire. No agents were hurt. The gun fire started from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande river when the Border Patrol boats found 1,000 pounds of pot. At the same time a truck on the U.S. side was being chased by Border Patrol agents. The truck appeared to be a transport truck for a drugs.

One officials said, "We're obviously concerned with what happened, that they would be shooting from the Mexico side to us". There have been reports of people in Mexico firing weapons and the bullets enter into U.S. cities, eight bullets have been fired into El Paso in the last few weeks from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
Ciudad Juarez has a population of 1.3 million people and is one of the most deadliest places in the world. (It has become one of the world's most dangerous cities amid a turf war between the Sinaloa and Juarez drug cartels. In 2010 more than 2,100 people were killed and last year 2,700 people were killed.) I'd say, not a very good place to take a vacation to.

Border Patrol Authorities say, "As long as our agents feel their life is in danger, they are allowed lethal (force),"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 06:14 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,789 times
No, no violence on the US side spilling in from illegal immigration anctics from Mexico.

Sure, Mac, sure and I got a bridge in NY I want to sell you.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:20 PM

745 posts, read 1,650,778 times
There is a lot of this stuff going on right now.
I wonder if it will lead to a real war.
I was on a message board a few years ago and there were border patrol guys on it.
A hispanic BP agent outright said that if it came to a real war he'd be on the Mex's side.
And we have how many Mex here now?....40 million?
Its gonna be a hot time....

Old 09-13-2010, 06:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,990,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
I was on a message board a few years ago and there were border patrol guys on it.
A hispanic BP agent outright said that if it came to a real war he'd be on the Mex's side.
Isn't multi-culturalism a great thing.

That sworn law enforcement agents will not even show loyalty. I would question his ethics in the field as well. He, as all border patrol agents, swore an oath.

http://nafbpo.org/

"I, . . . . . . . , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,872,371 times
Obey the laws...thanks for the article. I hope there is a follow up on this to let us know if anyone was hurt. You have to feel sorry for these border patrol agents and their families. What a dangerous job that has become.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:38 PM

515 posts, read 717,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
So now you have me wondering about the loyalty of Hispanics currently serving in our military forces if it came down to a "real war".

Old 09-13-2010, 10:04 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,758,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
Border Patrol Authorities say, "As long as our agents feel their life is in danger, they are allowed lethal (force),"
I'm not sure that Ramos and Compean would agree with that....

Old 09-13-2010, 10:37 PM

256 posts, read 287,462 times
The U.S. government continually mismanages immigration. They're intentionally creating chaos against the American people and causing financial ruin to America. They can't stop spending on everyone else in the world, except America. The only cure is to vote all politicians out of office, ASAP and never let any politician have more than one term in any office. We have to take our country back and fix it. This is the only way how. Encourage all Americans to get to the polls and VOTE THE BUMS OUT! GET TO THE POLLS AMERICA!

Old 09-14-2010, 12:04 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,676,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Isn't multi-culturalism a great thing.

That sworn law enforcement agents will not even show loyalty. I would question his ethics in the field as well. He, as all border patrol agents, swore an oath.

http://nafbpo.org/

"I, . . . . . . . , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."
It is too bad he can't be charged with treason now.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:15 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,976,467 times
Could the U.S.'s intentional disregard for our borders be a sign that the North American Union is coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration