Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,974,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How Do You Feel About The History Of Illegal Immigration In America?

Maybe we dont go back to 1492...we have to go slightly further back than '86.
Ok so why don't you go back to your country of origin is you feel so strongly about illegal immigration in 1492? But you are wrong. Using your logic, illegal immigration to North America started 15,000 years ago when those invaders from Asia illegally occupied northern North America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 06:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ok so why don't you go back to your country of origin is you feel so strongly about illegal immigration in 1492? But you are wrong. Using your logic, illegal immigration to North America started 15,000 years ago when those invaders from Asia illegally occupied northern North America
I see, so according to him every person born on this soil is an illegal alien because hundreds of years ago their ancestors migrated from Europe? Doesn't that mean that the anchors of the Mestizo Mexicans would have to go back to their parent's homeland of Mexico too? I mean one minute these pro-illegals are defending birthright citizenship of the anchors of illegal aliens but the same doesn't apply to those born on our soil from citizen parents?

If anyone has a complaint it should be from those of tribes who were indigenous to THIS country. The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans were not indigenous to this country. Why are they sticking their noses into something having to do with THIS country's past?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so according to him every person born on this soil is an illegal alien because hundreds of years ago their ancestors migrated from Europe? Doesn't that mean that the anchors of the Mestizo Mexicans would have to go back to their parent's homeland of Mexico too? I mean one minute these pro-illegals are defending birthright citizenship of the anchors of illegal aliens but the same doesn't apply to those born on our soil from citizen parents?

If anyone has a complaint it should be from those of tribes who were indigenous to THIS country. The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans were not indigenous to this country. Why are they sticking their noses into something having to do with THIS country's past?
Remember when it comes to immigration matters, logic isn't on the liberals' side. But if you really think about it, if they are so hyped up about conservatives wanting to boot out the illegals and liberals like 1751texan bring up oh but your ancestors came here illegally in 1492, then go back even further when the first human set foot on this continent 15,000 years ago. Are they not illegal immigrants then too? That means that all the native tribes in the Americas are illegals too

Old 09-30-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Remember when it comes to immigration matters, logic isn't on the liberals' side. But if you really think about it, if they are so hyped up about conservatives wanting to boot out the illegals and liberals like 1751texan bring up oh but your ancestors came here illegally in 1492, then go back even further when the first human set foot on this continent 15,000 years ago. Are they not illegal immigrants then too? That means that all the native tribes in the Americas are illegals too
Good point and it has been brought up before. All of our distant ancestors orginated from somewhere else. The most bizarre argument I hear from the pro-illegals with indigenous blood is that they are indigenous to this entire continent. Anyone with half a brain knows that the individual tribes had their own terrorities and no one is indigenous or can lay claim to an entire continent.

I am an American of Polish ancestry. Can I just migrate anywhere I want to on the European continent without the proper papers?

Last edited by chicagonut; 09-30-2010 at 07:31 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 PM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
The fact is illegals are draining our system .

Here is New Jersey the day worker illegals want 17 bucks an hour . Their women crank out babies to get a bigger welfare check , food stamps, heating vouchers.

And they take the good jobs. They lie and cheat to get what they can from the system with illegal documents.

They live good. Steak and eggs for breakfast, they have so much loot they send millions of bucks back to Mexico. Free health care and schooling.
The illegals are everywhere!!

They pay no taxes .

It is no wonder why medical costs for an insurance policy is robbing the paying Americans who have to foot the bill for the illegals free hospital care.

Hospitals charge PAYING AMERICANS exorbitant prices to the insurance companies to keep the hospital afloat because of all the free health care to illegals draining the hospitals..

then the insurance companies to stay afloat have to charge paying Americans an unbelievably high insurance premium for a policy with little coverage!

Yes, illegals come first and they get it free.

So why do you think we have so much unemployment and can't keep medical costs down and why our tax revenue is shrinking? Illegals are sapping the life out of our economy.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The fact is illegals are draining our system .

Here is New Jersey the day worker illegals want 17 bucks an hour . Their women crank out babies to get a bigger welfare check , food stamps, heating vouchers.

And they take the good jobs. They lie and cheat to get what they can from the system with illegal documents.

They live good. Steak and eggs for breakfast, they have so much loot they send millions of bucks back to Mexico. Free health care and schooling.
The illegals are everywhere!!

They pay no taxes .

It is no wonder why medical costs for an insurance policy is robbing the paying Americans who have to foot the bill for the illegals free hospital care.

Hospitals charge PAYING AMERICANS exorbitant prices to the insurance companies to keep the hospital afloat because of all the free health care to illegals draining the hospitals..

then the insurance companies to stay afloat have to charge paying Americans an unbelievably high insurance premium for a policy with little coverage!

Yes, illegals come first and they get it free.

So why do you think we have so much unemployment and can't keep medical costs down and why our tax revenue is shrinking? Illegals are sapping the life out of our economy.
And this problem is brought to you in bi-partisan fashion, courtesy of the Demopublican Party

Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 829 times
The problem with illegal immigration is not that people come to the U.S. looking for the American dream. The problem is people come to our country illegally and use our hospitals, schools and other public services without paying taxes. It has become a large problem that simply cannot continue becouse we will run out of money.
We must also look at illegal immigrants unlike those who are legally admitted for permanent residence, who undergo no medical screening to assure that they are not bringing contagious diseases into the country. Illegal immigration has set off a resurgence of contagious diseases that had been eradicated by our health system.
My last point about this problem is terrorism. Did you know that in 2005, 850 people who came from countries of special interest were apprehended crossing the southern border. I have to wonder how many more successfully crossed since 2005, is unknown. We also need to look at 9/11, three of the four pilots were in our country illegally. The next big incident could be greater and kill many more Americans.
We need to find answers to this problem that will help our own country and those seeking a better life. Maybe our streets are not made out of gold but we have one thing that those who come here illegally want, FREEDOM!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choose freedom View Post
The problem with illegal immigration is not that people come to the U.S. looking for the American dream. The problem is people come to our country illegally and use our hospitals, schools and other public services without paying taxes. It has become a large problem that simply cannot continue becouse we will run out of money.
We must also look at illegal immigrants unlike those who are legally admitted for permanent residence, who undergo no medical screening to assure that they are not bringing contagious diseases into the country. Illegal immigration has set off a resurgence of contagious diseases that had been eradicated by our health system.
My last point about this problem is terrorism. Did you know that in 2005, 850 people who came from countries of special interest were apprehended crossing the southern border. I have to wonder how many more successfully crossed since 2005, is unknown. We also need to look at 9/11, three of the four pilots were in our country illegally. The next big incident could be greater and kill many more Americans.
We need to find answers to this problem that will help our own country and those seeking a better life. Maybe our streets are not made out of gold but we have one thing that those who come here illegally want, FREEDOM!
That "IS" their idea of the American Dream though. They know even if they are coming here seeking work that they will also be entitled to free education, healthcare and can receive welfare through their U.S. born children.

As for the terrorists, I believe the 9/11 ones came legally on visas but some were expired when they committed their terrorist act. The FBI Director, Robert Mueller even said himself that those from known terrorist countries have come through our porous southern border and disappeared into our country. That is what gets me more than anything as to why our government doesn't pull out all the stops to secure our borders with only legal ports of entry open. Sure it can ever can be completely secured but we must make every effort to eliminate as much illegal entry as possible.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,686,231 times
How do I feel?

Physically sick.

I am not kidding. I have gotten into debates with people who want to give these folks amnesty and I ended up puking.

A few months back, while researching my family tree on Ancestry.com I came across a copy of my great grandparents immigration papers from the 1800's. They moved from Nova Scotia to the Boston area...legally. I was SO proud and still am because they chose to respect this country and its laws. They spoke French but quickly learned English. They had 5 children. Two of them served this country in the Korean War. ( My grandfather and his brother ).

My dad moved to Canada and then to the US in the 70's. He was poor, but hardworking...and a LEGAL immigrant. He did not know a word in English but he also learned quickly. So did my aunt and uncle who legally immigrated to Canada around the same time.

When I hear about folks who want to give amnesty to the criminals who are here illegally and their offspring, my blood boils. I am passionate about it because my family has followed the laws, they went through the proper chanels to come to this country and I feel like these people make it look like it was all a waste of time. Why not just cross the border illegally and stay here for X amount of time, breed like a rabbit, live off tax payer's money instead! And then oh, become legal "citizens" after being granted amnesty by a bunch of morons?

It's all a bunch of crap!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:06 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,533,315 times
Up until about ten years ago illegal aliens were not the problem they are today, yes they came illegally but the
human traffic by the coyotes and the violence has made
the border states a very dangerous place to be that even
government officials won't go there.

Past administrations do not get a pass on this issue either !

It's OBAMAS WATCH NOW !

I've noticed a increase of illegals and the violent crimes
moving farther north of the border in the past three years
this should say something about the policies of the current
administration

Where on planet earth is there a border that is less secure with the massive numbers that cross on a daily basis
If someone or something slips through their bigger problem
will become the American Citizen !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration