Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,723,447 times

Advertisements

Everyone wants to complain about illegals "Taking our jobs". Doesn't the responsibility rest with the employers who will screw an American Worker in order to exploit an illegal one. Arrest the illegal another will be there to take his place, arrest the "job creator" and an American gets the job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 06:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,957,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Many of our American youth live in cities. They can't even get a job at a fast food place because they are full of illegals and Spanish speakers. The employers want a crew that can communicate with each other. Should our American youth learn Spanish to accommodate them? It should be the other way around! It is nonsense that Americans (particulary our youth) that live in rural areas won't pick crops. I don't want food put on my table picked by an illegal alien worker when a legal immigrant or American can do that.
Have you tried boycotting these business's, have you expressed your concern in your community about this manner??
Where I live we have turned in every employer who's had illegals. They're gone, there are those that remain that are legal or in the process of becoming a citizen and they speak broken English at best. It's not a pre-requisite to know English before becoming a citizen. If it were, it would slow immigrating here greatly.
Quote:
There already IS no need for farmers to hire illegal aliens. If an American can't be found there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal foreign crop pickers. What part of that aren't you getting?
If there was no need they wouldn't be doing it, one would think! Why would these farmers and ranchers (not all are corporate owned) risk their lively hood, if American youth would look at it as work.
Farmers Still Hiring Illegals. // United for A Sovereign America (USA)
US Farmers Depend on Illegal Immigrants | USA | English
Michigan Dairy Farmers Fined $2.7 Million For Hiring Illegals | Dairy Today

Old 10-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
It isn't "Americans" that are allowing them to come here and take our jobs. It is our corrupt government in collusion with the greedy employers and not securing our borders that is enticing them. They are hired because they work cheaper, bottom line. If they were paid the same as an American then the employers would have no reason to hire them. How does this simple concept escape you?
One thing you don't know about rural living, is that most kids leave and move to the city. The kids in rural areas don't want to follow in their father's stressful hard work of being a farmer or rancher. We are losing generations of farmers and ranchers. I said most do pay well and they still have a hard time finding help. You sound like the kids on Wall Street, now it's the farmer and rancher's fault. You might visit sometime and you will find these are the poor working of America. Not all are corporate owned.

Quote:
Many blue collared jobs such as housekeeping use to be done by white and black Americans until the arrival of cheap, illegal labor. Guess that concept escapes you also? Americans ARE willing to "step up" but just not at slave labor wages that the illegals get. This whole concept does really escape you, doesn't it?
Hotels, Fast Food places and others still have to pay minimum wage. Exactly how much do you think a housekeeper, someone at McDonald's should make? These jobs are low paying for a reason......you wouldn't want it as your career job, now would you.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:48 PM

65 posts, read 147,106 times
Short answer is yes!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Have you tried boycotting these business's, have you expressed your concern in your community about this manner??
Where I live we have turned in every employer who's had illegals. They're gone, there are those that remain that are legal or in the process of becoming a citizen and they speak broken English at best. It's not a pre-requisite to know English before becoming a citizen. If it were, it would slow immigrating here greatly.
If there was no need they wouldn't be doing it, one would think! Why would these farmers and ranchers (not all are corporate owned) risk their lively hood, if American youth would look at it as work.
Farmers Still Hiring Illegals. // United for A Sovereign America (USA)
US Farmers Depend on Illegal Immigrants | USA | English
Michigan Dairy Farmers Fined $2.7 Million For Hiring Illegals | Dairy Today
You need proof that an employer is hiring illegals. You also need proof that they are hiring Spanish speakers over native English speakers. I don't have proof of that only what meets the eye and from what applicants have told me.

Only the elderly don't need to know English if applying for citizenship. So that blows your theory out of the water as most of these fast food places hire young people. How can they possibly wait on the public when they can't speak English or have limited knowledge of English?

How many times does it have to be repeated in here that where American crop pickers can't be found there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal agricultural workers before it finally sinks in? The farmers would rather hire cheap, illegal labor instead for more profit and aren't being reined in on this. I am so sick of the argument that farmers have to hire illegal aliens because they have no other option that I could just puke!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One thing you don't know about rural living, is that most kids leave and move to the city. The kids in rural areas don't want to follow in their father's stressful hard work of being a farmer or rancher. We are losing generations of farmers and ranchers. I said most do pay well and they still have a hard time finding help. You sound like the kids on Wall Street, now it's the farmer and rancher's fault. You might visit sometime and you will find these are the poor working of America. Not all are corporate owned.

Hotels, Fast Food places and others still have to pay minimum wage. Exactly how much do you think a housekeeper, someone at McDonald's should make? These jobs are low paying for a reason......you wouldn't want it as your career job, now would you.
Ever heard of getting paid under the table? Even if they aren't if the employers can get away with employing illegals in the first place what makes you think that they can't get away with paying sub-standard wages also? If there is a will there is a way.

I ask again, why aren't these farmers using the unlimited H-2A visas for LEGAL foreign agricultural workers? It is because they gain more profit by hiring cheap, illegal labor, that's why. It has nothing to do with not being able to find citizen workers or legal immigrant workers.

Our youth in the cities use to be able to get jobs at McDonalds, etc. They aren't making a career out of it. It is an entry level job for them to earn some money and to gain some work ethics and experience. Illegals and their greedy employers are depriving them of that. Are you ok with that?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Only the elderly don't need to know English if applying for citizenship. So that blows your theory out of the water as most of these fast food places hire young people. How can they possibly wait on the public when they can't speak English or have limited knowledge of English?
Try eating in Nevada......If they don't speak English, they just turn around and walk away, point or nod to whoever does know English. Yes, we were shocked, it's being allowed and that's why it's happening. My husband even made a remark to the guy, that he should get a raise for knowing English.

Quote:
How many times does it have to be repeated in here that where American crop pickers can't be found there are unlimitedH-2A visas for legal agricultural workers before it finally sinks in? The farmers would rather hire cheap, illegal labor instead for more profit and aren't being reined in on this. I am so sick of the argument that farmers have to hire illegal aliens because they have no other option that I could just puke!
I believe it's part of having cheap labor and the difficulty in getting Americans to do this kind of work.

Research out the abuse that some foreign people endure under the H-2A. This is nothing, but slave labor. It brings illegals directly in to America to take jobs and have anchor babies. Then the H-1B visa allows business's to bring in skilled white-collar workers to take college kids jobs and have anchor babies.

Yes, Americans are allowing it, by not voting against these people who pass such laws. It's so bad that's why the left wants more control. The only way to have control, is to make all these people legal. This visa is playing right into amnesty hands, but it's such a helpful visa, now isn't it.

Sometimes we support bills, that are actually killing jobs for Americans and hurting others. President Bush started this, you'd think they would've wrote conditions they'd have to provide for the worker's, but they didn't. At least living conditions.

How do we know that when these people are brought in, that they're actually being used to work on fields. Not being sold into sex slaves or anything else, which is much more profitable. What's a few lost immigrants who knows what happened to them, they must've went home.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 AM

424 posts, read 468,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Will anchor babies take all of Americans Jobs?

Over the years I have noticed a greater & greater increased for Bilingual jobs, schooling etc. All catered to Foreigners & anchor babies. The majority of Americans speak English. Many jobs are advertised to anchor babies and few people who are bilingual.

Most Americans don't have the option from Elementary school to take Spanish or another language as a course every school year to become bilingual. Most if any has to be paid for. Usually its 1 or 2 classes we are allowed to take.

As the trend of illegal immigration continues & more non English speaking people enter this country Illegally will anchor babies take all the jobs?
Depends. If we become a manufacturing base after China and India run circles around us, possibly. In a sophisticated, high tech job market, probably not, as most aren't gaining that kind of educational attainment, DREAM Act aside. DREAM Act is just symbolism. Most children of illegals will remain uneducated like their parents.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,198,793 times
Personally I'm more worried about them stealing our watercraft. They are anchor babies after all. At least Michele Bachmann wants to magnetize them in order to make it easier for INS to pull them out of our harbors and into prison where they belong.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:38 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,109,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
Depends. If we become a manufacturing base after China and India run circles around us, possibly. In a sophisticated, high tech job market, probably not, as most aren't gaining that kind of educational attainment, DREAM Act aside. DREAM Act is just symbolism. Most children of illegals will remain uneducated like their parents.
I think you are correct.

Texas demographer: ‘It’s basically over for Anglos’ | Texas Politics | a Chron.com blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration