Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,607,266 times

Advertisements

It is total insanity. Illegals aren’t only coming here to work. Many come for the sole purpose of giving birth to avail themselves of tax-funded benefits, and they aren’t ashamed to admit it. They are parasites, period. If our government would deny benefits to illegals, we would see a drastic decline in anchor births. Whatever it takes, this travesty must end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 11:39 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,868,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The argument for keeping "birthright citizenship"?

The simple and factual answer is that birthright citizenship is to date Constitutional.

there is no other "argument" needed.
So your viewpoint is we have no right to argue for or against any law in the USA? Strange way of being "free"

Old 10-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is total insanity. Illegals aren’t only coming here to work. Many come for the sole purpose of giving birth to avail themselves of tax-funded benefits, and they aren’t ashamed to admit it. They are parasites, period. If our government would deny benefits to illegals, we would see a drastic decline in anchor births. Whatever it takes, this travesty must end.
Yep, and I notice she said that now she had her little anchor she "no longer feared deportation" so was willing to give her name.

Time to end this ^%$#

Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,352,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So your viewpoint is we have no right to argue for or against any law in the USA? Strange way of being "free"
Didn't you get the memo? Americans can't argue for an amendment to the constitution but the pro-illegals can argue against our immigration laws.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Didn't you get the memo? Americans can't argue for an amendment to the constitution but the pro-illegals can argue against our immigration laws.
Apparently

Old 10-10-2010, 12:20 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,487,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
To quote Fabiola - "I don't understand the resentment" - good GOD................
Hasn't this broad been in the news before?

Old 10-10-2010, 01:10 AM

Probably, I think the video was posted on youtube about a year ago - I just happened across it while browsing on that site. I don't think unless you preface a thread with "news" there's anything that says a posting has to be about only current events?

I was just generally disgusted with the whole attitude portrayed.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:27 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,093,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That would be insanity. We are not Mexico's welfare program.
snippet
I continue to believe that more should be asked of Mexico: it should be shouldering responsibilities proportional to its status in the world.

Mexico is not a poor country
well, i think the figerprint idea seams well... i hate when people get away with not paying fair bills. ...why are we Alabama's and Mississippi's welfare program? so either PAY to build a great wall like the Chinese did...or annex...or destroy Mexico. all of these choices are expensive as the "welfare" you mentioned...ofcourse the mexicans would be paying taxes so i don't see how annexation is a wellfare program.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:29 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,093,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
were are you "not" arguing for an ammendment? you are doing it here... why don't you mail your representative and senator? i think that would be because it would be a waste of time...since such ammendament that you plan to propose would deteriorate the constitution. I think we should have mandatory voting and tests for citizenship...for everyone. also you must be required to listen to all the debates and to the plateforms of both end candidates[and perhaps their explinations and rebuttles thereof]

Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,352,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
were are you "not" arguing for an ammendment? you are doing it here... why don't you mail your representative and senator? i think that would be because it would be a waste of time...since such ammendament that you plan to propose would deteriorate the constitution. I think we should have mandatory voting and tests for citizenship...for everyone. also you must be required to listen to all the debates and to the plateforms of both end candidates[and perhaps their explinations and rebuttles thereof]
You missed the point. Yes I am arguing for an amendment to the Constitution to change birthright citizenship and I am contacting our congressmen about it but the pro-illegals think it wrong to change it even though amendments to the Constitution have been made before. Yet they have no problem arguing to change our immigration laws. In otherwords they adhere to a double standard.

Actually, an amendment wouldn't even be required. All that needs to be done is for the Supreme Court to read the 14th thoroughly and they will realize that birthright citizenship was never intended for babies of illegal alien parents and deny it from then on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration