Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 12:28 PM

8,968 posts, read 11,840,913 times

Advertisements

During the Presidential Election I had expressed hope that Obama, being black, would understand that illegal immigration hurts poor blacks and would do something about it. I was wrong.

So today I am expressing my frustration at his immigration policy at the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 12:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,603,261 times
You are not alone. I know lots of black Democrats who will be voting for Republicans due to illegal immigration. I am a former Democrat, now Independent, who will also vote for the first time in my life for a Republican.

O’Malley, Mikulski, Cardin, et al. would hand the state to illegals on a silver platter, if they could. Frankly, I am sickened by both parties, but at least the Republicans are willing to oppose illegal immigration. The Democrats are too busy pandering to Hispanics, whom they assume all want amnesty for illegal aliens. Well, they will soon discover they can no longer take the black vote for granted.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:03 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,974,069 times
Quote:
Showing Frustration with Obama's immigration policy at the poll today.
AFAIK Obama has introduced no immigration legislation and has made no changes to the existing immigration policy under Bush. He has however increased the DHS budget, hired new agents, and increased the number of deportations. It's still not enough, there aren't enough resources, and has forced a focus toward the more dangerous cases. It's still more than what the previous administrations did.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:03 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,029,797 times
Wise move.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,543,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
AFAIK Obama has introduced no immigration legislation and has made no changes to the existing immigration policy under Bush.
Or enforced them

Old 11-02-2010, 05:44 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,315,930 times
I hear you!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:57 PM

286 posts, read 536,799 times
It won't be enough until all of them are fingerprinted, deported and an actual working wall is in place so they can't get back. Oh and HUGE fines for employers who employ them and landlords who rent to them and banks that loan to them.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,488,909 times
I respect your being honest with us very much. I think so many are frustrated with this current Adminsitration, and their lack of concern for those issues, that matter most to so many of us Americans. Immigration, and their lack of seeing this issue as a problem, i feel has upset so many fine citizens. The way they use the Hispanics for their voting, has upset a lot of very good hispanic friends that i have, they know the scope, they are smart and well educated. I think today, perhaps is a statement to Obama, that when you promise us the world, and tell us over and over again, you are with us, you are the People's President, we remember only too well! He seems to have a lack of empathy, for those things that we cherish, as jobs, our homes, and our Country.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,457,871 times
No one is more frustrated than me about illegal immigration, from Canada...I am sick and tired of Canadians coming here, going to school, and never going home, and taking jobs from Americans...Mexico too, but no one pays any attention to the problems from Canada...same issues...What is worse, is that they "pass" for American...so it is like they get a "free' ride.

I just wish people would see the problems in our country come mainly from illegal immigration...and yet, it is like a big white elephant in the living room, that NO ONE wants to talk about...how dysfunctional is that?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,270,302 times
Well pa just elected a man who has no problem working against illegal immigration.
Lou Barletta has defeated the corrupt Paul Kanjorski.....
As many know Lou is a long time champion for enforcing immigration laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration