Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You sure are intune with some estimated 10.8 people from all over the world...that seem[according to you] to act as "a single mind". My hats off to you.

The fact is that the only thing they have in common is that they entred the US without proper authorization. Other than that fact...all other is conjecture.
No, they did NOT all enter this country without authorization. In fact, a large percentage entered this country legally on tourist visas. Their mode of entry isn’t the issue. At issue is their lawlessness. It is not “conjecture” that NONE have respect for our laws, or this sovereign nation. They are all ILLEGAL. THAT'S a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 PM

240 posts, read 588,095 times
Is it bullying to try to send the illegals home. I don't understand all this sympathy for illegal aliens who have been here for years and have had businesses and jobs for years. I am a "legal alien" and have just paid nearly $400.00 for my card which I have to renew every ten years. Next week I have to go to St. Paul and get finger printed and my picture taken for my card. Now don't get the idea I am complaining about that. (I If I don't like it I can go home.) It also costs a lot of money to apply for legal status (I've heard a $1000.00 now) I don't really know how true it is. It ticks me off to no end the talk of "giving" illegals legal status.

I do get a kick out of the theory that the only illegals are Hispanic though. In Montana I lived a mile from the Canadian border and at night the dogs would be barking and I knew somebody else was jumping the border. The ranch I lived on was 59 miles from the nearest police station. You kept your mouth shut or the outcome might not be pleasant

After I left there a guy shot a cop in Canada and was apparently shot by the guy who lived on that ranch after I did when the guy rolled his truck in the coulees north of the border, walked across the border one night and tried to steal a truck from the ranch.

I even had a couple of hunters appear on my doorstep one time in Montana and ask me the way to the States.

In Canada I grew up 2 miles from the border and customs office. There was people constantly walking across our field especially during the Vietnam war. Some places the fences are down, other places there are no fences and where there are fences there are gates every couple of miles. You better not get caught nowadays though.

The white stranger next to you could very easily be an "illegal".

There is huge out cry in Minnesota today because a restaurant fired a whole bunch is Hispanics because they couldn't provide documentation that they were legal. The 'poor' people had been working illegally for years and finally got caught because the INS made the owner check them out.

Everybody that gets a job in the U.S. is supposed to fill out an I9 form which shows whether they
are legal or not. Employers get it filled out but never ever check out the info you put on it which, if you are an legal alien will be your alien number. Incidentally, no employer has ever asked to see my green card. I think that the employers that hire illegals should get a huge fine. Two little pieces of plastic or paper would stop illegal immigration in it's tracks, a birth certifiate and a green card if your birth certificate doesn't show United States as place of birth.

About the only ones who get caught at the Canadian border are the honest ones going through customs and have to much liquor or something or the dishonest ones that don't know their way around. The the average sieve will hold more water than the Canadian border will hold people.

I think if all the illegals of every color were sent home the unemployment problem would be solved in spite of the fact some own businesses and hire people.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,862,042 times
It's like saying those who don't want floods and levees to break are against irrigation or watering of yards.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:45 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's like saying those who don't want floods and levees to break are against irrigation or watering of yards.
Those who are against speeders are anti-cars.
Those who are for the leash law are anti-dogs.
Those who are against shop lifting are anti-shopping.
Those who think semi's should have their own roads are anti-trucks. Oh wait ok I'll admit it. I do hate sharing the road with trucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration