Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,868,085 times

Advertisements

anyone who is against shoplifters and shoplifting is "anti-shopper". I'd love to ask why that's so hard for the pro-illegal crowd to grasp but it's clear that they already do but choose to continue the lie. There's nothing racist, bigoted or discriminatory about apposing illegal immigration any more than apposing murder, rape or theft. The act of illegally immigrating here is by itself a crime, it's clearly against the law and anyone who takes part in breaking our immigration laws is a criminal. Once you remove all of the PC crap from the situation it's a very simple crime that should be dealt with like any other criminal.

Please, I understand that many people like to defend these criminals based on personal issues that could include family or friends who are illegal immigrants, some of you may even be illegal yourself. Don't let those sidebar situations cloud your ability to see this issue for what it really is. Also be aware that your claims of racism and bigotry are for the most part ignored by everyone because it's clear that you only throw that around for the perceived wow factor. If we could all get past the unneeded emotional sidetracking the illegal immigration situation could be discussed a lot more efficiently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,256,564 times
Well its an old tune. The family and friends of criminals tend to defend their actions. Make excuses for them and try to mitigate the harm done.
Then you have the bleeding hearts who buy into the b.s and become zealots for a false cause.
The classic line: Illegals only take jobs legals won't do. Its also the biggest lie that the pro side tells.
Illegals only want a better life. I am sure that is an absolute truth. However,It does not tell the whole story. They want a better life regardless of who is hurt by their actions and they don't care who is hurt either. Pretty much the standard mind set of all criminals.
Me or them right?
Our laws are unfair: Unfair is relative. Its unfair someone else won the lottery. The fact that I never bought a ticket is conveniently forgotton.
The USA allows more immigration than all other nations combined. But some how we are too restrictive. Do we not have a right to determine who is acceptable?
The pro-illegal side loves to misrepresent truths and facts in order to make illegals look like the victims instead of the criminals. Its an old ploy. Society is bad not the criminal.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,835,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
anyone who is against shoplifters and shoplifting is "anti-shopper". I'd love to ask why that's so hard for the pro-illegal crowd to grasp but it's clear that they already do but choose to continue the lie. There's nothing racist, bigoted or discriminatory about apposing illegal immigration any more than apposing murder, rape or theft. The act of illegally immigrating here is by itself a crime, it's clearly against the law and anyone who takes part in breaking our immigration laws is a criminal. Once you remove all of the PC crap from the situation it's a very simple crime that should be dealt with like any other criminal.

Please, I understand that many people like to defend these criminals based on personal issues that could include family or friends who are illegal immigrants, some of you may even be illegal yourself. Don't let those sidebar situations cloud your ability to see this issue for what it really is. Also be aware that your claims of racism and bigotry are for the most part ignored by everyone because it's clear that you only throw that around for the perceived wow factor. If we could all get past the unneeded emotional sidetracking the illegal immigration situation could be discussed a lot more efficiently.
I'm a foreigner and I don't feel that any one who is against illegal aliens is against all foreigners.

I came here in a legal way and I'm against illegal aliens and against the Dream Act. First legal aliens should have the right to get a path to a Greencard which is not the case right now for E 2 visa holders.

E 2 is a visa for investors who start their own business or take over an existing business and they are required to give jobs to American citizens, pay tax, etc...but they have no chance to get a GC ever!

So if they have a business for 25 years and want to retire they have to leave the country within 14 days and go back to a country they haven't lived for all these years and haven't build a retirement fund over there....

Of course people can say "they knew what they did, but after 25 years of showing to be good honest people who paid taxes, shouldn't they be the ones to get a GC and stay and even if they have to sign that they won't get benefits, shouldn't they be the ones getting a GC instead of criminals because illegal means you committed a crime to come here or overstayed.!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:43 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,696,937 times
^ Actually, many (mostly well-educated) legals I know who went thru the legal process of becoming a resident / citizen hate the fact that many think it is their birthright to illegally barge in and claim the same. Media seems to ignore the fact that many foreigners (legal now via legal means) are agianst illegals.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:04 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,856,770 times
As legal immigrants are among the most vocal in their condemnation of amnesty attempts and illegal immigration, the "anti-immigrant" rhetoric is hysterical to say the least.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm a foreigner and I don't feel that any one who is against illegal aliens is against all foreigners.

I came here in a legal way and I'm against illegal aliens and against the Dream Act. First legal aliens should have the right to get a path to a Greencard which is not the case right now for E 2 visa holders.

E 2 is a visa for investors who start their own business or take over an existing business and they are required to give jobs to American citizens, pay tax, etc...but they have no chance to get a GC ever!

So if they have a business for 25 years and want to retire they have to leave the country within 14 days and go back to a country they haven't lived for all these years and haven't build a retirement fund over there....

Of course people can say "they knew what they did, but after 25 years of showing to be good honest people who paid taxes, shouldn't they be the ones to get a GC and stay and even if they have to sign that they won't get benefits, shouldn't they be the ones getting a GC instead of criminals because illegal means you committed a crime to come here or overstayed.!
Bentlebee, you keep pushing this, but honestly? If they wanted to come here as immigrants there IS an immigration based investment visa alternative, the Eb5. USCIS - Employment-Based Immigration: Fifth Preference EB-5

Anyone that comes here on an E2 KNOWS going in that is a NON immigrant visa and offers NO "path to a legal permanent residency". That was their choice at the time and has zero to do with illegal immigration.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:50 PM

851 posts, read 3,630,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Bentlebee, you keep pushing this, but honestly? If they wanted to come here as immigrants there IS an immigration based investment visa alternative, the Eb5. USCIS - Employment-Based Immigration: Fifth Preference EB-5

Anyone that comes here on an E2 KNOWS going in that is a NON immigrant visa and offers NO "path to a legal permanent residency". That was their choice at the time and has zero to do with illegal immigration.

Not true. It has a LOT to do with illegal immigration. If illegals can get a free pass, why not all the people who are here legally?

Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,683,324 times
Its our house we have a right to say who is invited.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Not true. It has a LOT to do with illegal immigration. If illegals can get a free pass, why not all the people who are here legally?
So anyone that's here legally on a non immigrant visa should just be allowed to stay? I don't THINK so.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 PM

851 posts, read 3,630,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So anyone that's here legally on a non immigrant visa should just be allowed to stay? I don't THINK so.
But you want those who are here illegal to stay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration